[Europe] found damn cheap (IR) Glowsticks!!!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on [Europe] found damn cheap (IR) Glowsticks!!! within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Glowsticks are perfect when a Power outrage happen and maybe a Solarflair or what ever. So I search arround an found an German Import Company ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Glowsticks are perfect when a Power outrage happen and maybe a Solarflair or what ever.
    So I search arround an found an German Import Company who get them from China and sell them directly.
    Here for IR: https://www.knixs.com/navi.php?qs=infrarot

<40cent for one is damn cheap!!! In many Outdoor and Prepper Shops the sell them for 1,50€ each!

In what scenario are you imagining where you would need IR glowsticks, and still have the capability to see their IR light?
    Do you have night vision optics? Do you have enough batteries for them since you won't be charging anything if the grid is down.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

IR ist j ust a option. The Post is more for normal Glow Sticks since many Shops sell them for a fortune.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Glowsticks are perfect when a Power outrage happen and maybe a Solarflair or what ever.
    So I search arround an found an German Import Company who get them from China and sell them directly.
    Here for IR: https://www.knixs.com/navi.php?qs=infrarot

<40cent for one is damn cheap!!! In many Outdoor and Prepper Shops the sell them for 1,50€ each!
    Check out Dollar Tree. They have inexpensive CHEMLIGHTS. Packages of 3 for $1.00. I did a test comparing to military issue and they are very comparable.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Check out Dollar Tree.
    The dont shipp to Europe so that dont help me.
    I saw the Company have an European Shop but not IR Stuff there: https://www.cyalume.shop

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    In what scenario are you imagining where you would need IR glowsticks, and still have the capability to see their IR light?
    Do you have night vision optics? Do you have enough batteries for them since you won't be charging anything if the grid is down.
    I do have NV and a way to charge the batteries. I have to say I am intrigued by the possible uses for IR glowsticks.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Its good for emergency siltation where a Heli or Rescue Crew is in wolfed.

When I think of "glow sticks" I think about plastic tubes that light up if you snap them in two. These do not require another power source.

Are we talking about the same things?
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    When I think of "glow sticks" I think about plastic tubes that light up if you snap them in two. These do not require another power source.

Are we talking about the same things?
    Yes, but the OP referred to IR glowsticks which emit light not visible to the human eye, for those you need night vision to see the light they emit.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Thank you for the clarification. In truth, I haven't seen either model in 40 years.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links