Ideas for Vehicle Preps
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ideas for Vehicle Preps

This is a discussion on Ideas for Vehicle Preps within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Hello everyone, Iím new here so correct me if I make any mistakes in posting. I would like to share some ideas for vehicle preps ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Ideas for Vehicle Preps

Ideas for Vehicle Preps

Hello everyone, Iím new here so correct me if I make any mistakes in posting. I would like to share some ideas for vehicle preps as well as see what everyone recommends, so hereís a few things Iíve though of:

Power inverter: plugs into your 12v in your car and gives you the ability to run different outlets. The one I picked up on amazon has 2 wall outlets as well as 2 usb outlets, unlimited uses.

Prybar, axe, and small bolt cutters: gives you the ability to get through debris and the pry bar can be used in the case helping in an accident. Had to use the bolt cutters and axe when we had some bad storms pass through. Luckily never had to use the crowbar.

Another thing I recommend doing is picking up some dielectric grease and using it on all the electronic connections in the engine bay. Keeps water out in heavy rain very well.

These are just some of my thoughts, Iím sure someone has posted about it before but I thought I would share my ideas. Anyone else have recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.

I always keep some leather work gloves in my vehicle, as well as a basic first aid kit, and a couple of flashlights. I always have a way to make fire and access to clean water.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnL308 View Post
    .....Power inverter: plugs into your 12v in your car and gives you the ability to run different outlets. The one I picked up on amazon has 2 wall outlets as well as 2 usb outlets, unlimited uses. ......
    Ummmm..... limited use. Limited by the wattage available. You'd got to drop a lot of dimes to get one that will run a heavy load life a fridge or sump pump.

Other suggestions:

Tool kit (screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, sockets, wire strippers etc.). Jump starter (can double as a 12v supply source). Jumper cables. 12v air compressor (DO NOT get one with a ciggy-lighter cord.... get the good ones that clip directly to the battery!) and a Nut Buddy JR. A battery tender is great for a vehicle that's idle for a time. Hand warmers (If you're subject to cold weather), blankets, road flares or triangle reflectors.

Water. Always water. And a way to thaw it out if it might be frozen.

As mentioned.... a good flashlight and first-aid kit.

No matter what you buy, don't skimp out. Buy quality goods, not the cheap stuff from the discount bins up by the registers at Hazard Fraught and Northern Fool.
    Last edited by Back Pack Hack; 03-23-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    Slippy, Denton and Prepared One like this.
    Good morning! As you can see, my assassins have failed again.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and cant fault any of those suggestions. Last time the power went out we had light in the house thanks to the trusty inververter in the trunk of my hot rod Lexus. I keep all kinds of cool things in there.
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.

I always stress replacing the OEM tire changing tools with better - good luck getting off lug nuts if the shop guy cranked doing a tire rotation - need a 4 way and a 18" breaker bar along with a cheater pipe ...

someone mentioned replacing the inflation kit they are supplying vs a tire >>> guess the limit is about 5 years max ....
    Slippy likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

A Smith & Wesson M&P in .40SW as well as a 16.5" Lever Action Marlin chambered in .45-70 is nice to have as well.
    modfan, Inor, Smitty901 and 2 others like this.

This what I keep in my truck.
    -Fix a Flat
    -Screwdriver with multi bits
    -100 rounds JHP 9mm
    -Crescent wrench, Pliers,
    -3 flash lights
    -Fuses
    -Blanket
    -Paracord, Tow Strap
    -Gloves, work and temperature
    -Pill bottle with $20 in quarters
    -Pill bottle with Susan B Anthonys
    -Pill Bottle with Bandaids and cream
    Slippy likes this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Don't forget the siphon hose and container.
    Slippy likes this.

I was going to toss out Fix a flat but that's been said, a compact variation for that would be a tire plug kit.
    I have to agree on the inverter, what do you need 120V for unless you're taking some cordless tools.
    A 5 ton come-a-long, axle strap, tree strap, a couple 3/4" shackles and or a soft shackle.
    A decent socket set of about 200 pcs, and a good wrench set ASE, Metric. assortment of pliers, multi screwdriver, hammer, bailing wire, electrical wiring, Gorilla tape, electrical tape, self fusing silicone tape.
    If you have a pre serpentine belt rig, a pair of panty hose in case you break a fan belt.
    Epoxy putty will fix many manner of things and you can fabricate small part with it.
    Slippy likes this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

First Aid supplies
    Several "space blankets"
    Some 550
    Water
    A pistol
    A good knife and a Leatherman

With that, I am pretty well good to go for 24 hours. Anything longer will take prior planning based on the situation.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links