Ideas for Vehicle Preps - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ideas for Vehicle Preps

This is a discussion on Ideas for Vehicle Preps within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by bigwheel Some call those siphon hoses..Okie Credit Cards around these parts. In some democrat parts of town bolt cutters are called..The Keys ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Ideas for Vehicle Preps

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Some call those siphon hoses..Okie Credit Cards around these parts. In some democrat parts of town bolt cutters are called..The Keys to The City.
    Also known in the newspaper as "why an Okie got shot DRT".....

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Also known in the newspaper as "why an Okie got shot DRT".....
    No where in the US I know of can you shoot someone for stealing gas out of your car or truck. You may get away with it in a State like WI if it is in you garage they consider that as part of the home. But on the street stealing your gas you even pull the gun you are going down not the BG. Unless he holding a gun on you while stealing it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    No where in the US I know of can you shoot someone for stealing gas out of your car or truck. You may get away with it in a State like WI if it is in you garage they consider that as part of the home. But on the street stealing your gas you even pull the gun you are going down not the BG. Unless he holding a gun on you while stealing it.
    That is your narrative. There might be a different one with Okies involved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

That is your narrative. There might be a different one with Okies involved.
    Good luck with that approach SD is one thing property crime another.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Good luck with that approach SD is one thing property crime another.
    Ok, I guess they sell books on the property crime in the same aisle as senses of humor... Disclaimer: No Okies were harmed in the making of these posts.
    modfan likes this.

Ok, I guess they sell books on the property crime in the same aisle as senses of humor... Disclaimer: No Okies were harmed in the making of these posts.
    Scary part is those that have not study the laws think they can shoot someone stealing gas. Had a case in Milwaukee man walks out they are stealing his radio from his car he fires shot hit no one . Jail big time for him , he really though he could do that.
    Every state is different in use of deadly force so states it is simple others no so. Nothing funny about shooting anyone , even if they have it coming.

I see a lot of great things to carry. A few things I don't see; drive belt(s), wire repair tools/components, varying sizes of worm drive hose clamps, a few disposable 12MM deep sockets (perfect for splicing 5/8" heater hose, trust me on this one), hose connectors/T-fittings, spare fluids (power steering, engine/tranny, coolant, brake). Research your vehicle(s) and look for common failures that would be at least a semi-easy fix and get a spare or two ( http://www.rockauto.com ). A come along comes in handy, or a hi lift jack. Needle nose vice grips or something for pinching off a fluid line (let's pretend a stick jumped up and cut a brake hose). Bolt cutters.

Great thread. Some solid suggestions here. If it hasn't been mentioned, if you're going to have an inverter make sure its 'pure sine wave' otherwise some fussy electronics (drone batteries come to mind) won't charge properly, if at all.

Welcome, since getting a company truck that has kind of been my new area of focus. Lotta good ideas being suggested here, I have half a utility body with dyno-boxes on the other side. I have it loaded with tools for work, tool-wise I am covered. Some basics I might recommend are vise grips, diagonal cutters, linesmen pliers, needle nose ( Leatherman can be substituted ) a decent socket set, bolt cutters, a hammer, zip ties, duct tape and some wire and an adjustable right off the top of my head.

Things too I equipped my truck with; degreasing soap, a general assortment of pain relievers, mouth wash, big bottles of eyes wash solution, a travel pack of Q-tips, a light bug out bag and a big medical kit. Not to mention extra safety equipment dust masks, eye protection, ear plugs, three different types of gloves and I even have a clear plastic face shield and respirator.

We are not allowed to have firearms on the job site even if it's disassembled locked away, so that is a challenge.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

“Everything's fine today… that is our illusion.” – Voltaire

One cannot appreciate the light until you have seen the darkness

Damn....Literal or what....
    stevekozak likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links