Intermediate impact weapons
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Intermediate impact weapons within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Who can give some pros and cons of a gismo called a Pocket Staff. It looks very cool..and comes highly recommend by a judo chopping ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Intermediate impact weapons

Who can give some pros and cons of a gismo called a Pocket Staff. It looks very cool..and comes highly recommend by a judo chopping pal. They are used in that hobby he says. The way he talked they are like carrying a club around in the pocket. Thanks. This website has a lot of cool prepper toys. Thanks.
    https://outdoorlancastor.com/search?...q=Pocket+staff
    MisterMills357 likes this.

kind of surprised that there's no shipping restrictions - staff is like a collapsible baton and they are banned in some jurisdictions ...
    Smitty901 and bigwheel like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

It would be considered a weapon in some places, and in many more if you ever used it.
    bigwheel likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The input is appreciated. It sorta reminds me of my trusty old ASP..which I am pretty well trained on how to use. Know its smaller and if it works similar think I might like it. lol. I just pulled the trigger to order one. The Judo guy said it was a bargain. I normally use a golf club as a walking stick when taking the dog around the block..but it would be handy to have a reasonable facsimile to carry into the rough sports grills etc. The old continum of force looks good in court. Verbal commands..soft hands..pepper spray..ASP...gun. That be in an ideal scenario of course. If things are tense a person can always jump directly to the gun...but that generates voluminous amounts of paper work. They were too smart to pass out Tasers in my day.

Super Moderator

I didn't see the weight but I'm guessing it would be noticeable in your pocket. I'd rather not carry extra weight. I studied Martial Arts and fought in tournaments for many years and I can't think of anyone that would carry that around with them. Your hands and skill should be enough to get you out of most situations and if not their is always something around that can be used as a weapon.

bigwheel and A Watchman like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Well I normally wear a leather biker vest with secret pockets in cool weather. Have noticed a bit of weight on the opposite side from the gun can give a balance to the operation. A spare magazine or two.. a pint of whiskey and a small can of pepper spray is just about the right amount of ballast. I dont think adding the little gadget to that assortment would mess up the procedure too much. lol It appears to be a litle longer than my old ASP..but a lot of the moves are the same. Will work on how to best carry it in warm weather.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Fight-with-a-Bo-Staff
    Last edited by bigwheel; 10-11-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Sasquatch and Mad Trapper like this.

I carry my homemade Hanbo, it is aluminum and it will bust any head that requires it. It looks like the one in the picture, but I use it as a cane/walking stick/head buster.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hanbojutsu - Copy.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	83299
    bigwheel likes this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    I carry my homemade Hanbo, it is aluminum and it will bust any head that requires it. It looks like the one in the picture, but I use it as a cane/walking stick/head buster.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hanbojutsu - Copy.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	83299
    Capital idea. I thought I was pretty well prepared to deal with mean dogs with my 9 iron golf club walking stick but me and the Shitzu oot a attacked from behind by a big Lab. They were fighting under my feet and I started thashing into the melee with my golf club and hit my own dog accidentally. I now try to have better situational awareness. lol.
    MisterMills357 likes this.

I can see it now in night clubs. Chicks asking it that is an intermediate or are you just happy to see them.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I've never been in a "half-way" fight so I cannot give you educated advice on a "half-way" weapon.

You must also consider that thugs often travel in groups of three or four, and one of them is going to shove that aluminum rod in a sunless area.

I can decide not to shoot, I can decide not to cut. The rest is up to the thugs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links