Shovel question
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Shovel question

This is a discussion on Shovel question within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Actually I have 2. Does anyone have one of these folding E tool deals with the "pick" opposite the shovel head? If so, how does ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Shovel question

Shovel question

Actually I have 2. Does anyone have one of these folding E tool deals with the "pick" opposite the shovel head? If so, how does it work?Also, would you want one of these shovel "multi-tools", or just a short handled shovel? I saw a shovel in a local ACE hardware store that looked like it might barely be 30" long, if that. Looked plenty strong. Thoughts? Thanks.

I have one. In the "Pick" position it is great to get an F-150 with tranny guards it's great for pulling snow out from under the vehicle and getting all four tires on the ground.

Put one in each one of your cars.

I carry a spetsnaz shovel. Sharpened on thee sides. Weapon as well as a shovel.
    paraquack likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

First you need to decide what you want the shovel to do. Shovel snow, dig fighting positions, shovel coal. Picks and Mattocks are another matter. the tool you described (back before the e-tool) had a wood handle and the pick to loosen up compacted soil like clay. For the infantry troop better than nothing and didn't weigh much.

To dig real fighting positions or fill sand bags you need something like a 30 plus inch D - handled shovel and either a pick or pick mattock (the flat blade portion will do wonders cutting roots)
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

there's also a folding pick - no shovel head - works good for cramp quarters ...
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

barely be 30" long
    what? 30dm?
    The Military here prefare the Glock one.
    https://eu.glock.com/en/products/glo...renching-tools
    I will buy one my self when I need it.

Nothing better than my 40 year old USA true value full size for making holes. Short shovels are a PITA once you get the hole a little deep. Picks are good if you have rocks. I've used big crowbars and a sledge to bust up big rocks.

E tool unfold shovel , cut small branches people ect. Fold shovel blade down lock and it is a trenching tool that can be used like an pick. No need to turn it into a Swiss army knife.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Anybody have or heard of a San Angelo stick? A shovel's best friend if you have some rocks and hard places that need dug!

It is a long piece of tempered steel (6') with one pointed end that weighs about 18 lbs or so. It has got me out of "between rocks and hard places" more than a few times...!

I'll post a pic of it when I get back to Slippy Lodge.

(just found one online at Fastenal...https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/99251201 )
    StratMaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Anybody have or heard of a San Angelo stick? A shovel's best friend if you have some rocks and hard places that need dug!

It is a long piece of tempered steel (6') with one pointed end that weighs about 18 lbs or so. It has got me out of "between rocks and hard places" more than a few times...!

I'll post a pic of it when I get back to Slippy Lodge.

(just found one online at Fastenal...https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/99251201 )
    That looks suspiciously like a shorter Slippy Pike to me... going for that wider market?
    Slippy likes this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links