A drone for prepping?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A drone for prepping?

This is a discussion on A drone for prepping? within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Hello everyone, this is my first post. I was in Best Buy about a week ago, and I was walking around and I saw the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: A drone for prepping?

A drone for prepping?

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I was in Best Buy about a week ago, and I was walking around and I saw the drones, I thought to myself, would a drone be useful in a survival situation.

I think it would be in a numerous amount of survival situations and scenarios (except EMP's). The drone would be useful for route recon or an area recon role. It would be useful to allow the user to increase their situational awareness. Especially since the drones would have a range of a few miles. The only problems that I could think of would be portability, and battery life (if there was a grid down situation).

What are your opinions on this?

The Good Cop

Well, as an old soldier the first thing that popped into my mind was bad guys would be alerted by the noise. Then they could watch where it goes.

But, on the other hand, aerial observation has been an important part of combat operations since the use of hot air balloons in the American Civil War.

So, possibly having one could be an advantage. Batteries could always be stored in bulk unused, and when needed charged by solar.

It is customary here for new comers to post in the Introduction section and tell us a little about themselves.
    Welcome to the forum.
    0rocky likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/g...pro-drone.html

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Well, as an old soldier the first thing that popped into my mind was bad guys would be alerted by the noise. Then they could watch where it goes.
    Even just 100 feet up, most folks I'm flying over are absolutely oblivious to what little noise they make.
    stowlin, 0rocky and Malcom Renolds like this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

At our little farm, visitors from "away" never fail to comment on "how quiet it is out here."
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMillenialPrepper View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I was in Best Buy about a week ago, and I was walking around and I saw the drones, I thought to myself, would a drone be useful in a survival situation.

I think it would be in a numerous amount of survival situations and scenarios (except EMP's). The drone would be useful for route recon or an area recon role. It would be useful to allow the user to increase their situational awareness. Especially since the drones would have a range of a few miles. The only problems that I could think of would be portability, and battery life (if there was a grid down situation).

What are your opinions on this?
    Welcome Brandon...
    I'm an old guy, so walk me through it: how much C4 can this thing mule? That would be mighty useful.

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Welcome Brandon...
    I'm an old guy, so walk me through it: how much C4 can this thing mule? That would be mighty useful.
    Probably a brick or two, depending on the size of the drone.
    StratMaster likes this.

Seems like a good addition. Has some legitimate uses, definitely need solar charging capabilities for grid down. Video surveillance a plus. Would be wicked if it could support a firing platform.
    MikeTango likes this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

US military is using the small ones for the immediate battlefield - can certainly see some definite strategic purposes & usages ..... if you can get technical enough to go live feed infra-red for nite ops - that's a real winner ....
    MikeTango and Malcom Renolds like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    As far as the noise, mine sounds like a small swarm of bees at an altitude of 100 ft, at 400, barely negligible.....it is capable of 1600 ft......
    Malcom Renolds and 0rocky like this.

Drone and anti drone capabilities will become more important as time goes on. JMHO.
    Michael_Js and Prepared One like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links