A drone for prepping? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A drone for prepping?

This is a discussion on A drone for prepping? within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Flabbergasted Yeah, well, they've been saying that about NV and IR optics for over two decades. Still a very rare occasion when ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: A drone for prepping?

Quote Originally Posted by Flabbergasted View Post
    Yeah, well, they've been saying that about NV and IR optics for over two decades. Still a very rare occasion when I come across somebody who owns one.

I see drones in the same category as rifle armor plates, ballistic helmets, NV/IR optics, etc. : get it if you are already very well-equipped with the basics and have several hundred dollars laying around doing nothing useful... and you have no plans of retiring if the [email protected]#$ never does hit the fan.

I can see the usefulness of a drone equipped with a small firearm, or especially an explosive like a mortar... in a military situation. Ask yourself: what are you going to do with that?
    As perimeter monitoring a drone would definitely be useful, but even as actual recon most of the time IMO you'd be better off with paying attention to your surroundings and taking advantage of the agility you get from not carrying [email protected]#$ you don't need.
    If you do get one, good luck maintaining and charging those things with no grid and no stores selling supplies, and good luck being sufficiently equipped otherwise if you invest in being able to do that.
    I seriously doubt that I'd have to face a one in any SHTF situation, and even then, even if I did encounter one, I'm not likely to be doing anything that makes it worth the owner's equipment expenditure to stop me.

IMO, take the money you were going to spend on a drone, and buy something more versatile.
    We all survive or die with decisions made. Chose wisely.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Will be getting a drone myself in the near future, but for more peaceful purposes. Plan on taking aerial videos and posting same as sales tool for my property. Could just as easily be used for surveillance. I'm amazed how some of these non-military units can be controlled at heights over 1000 feet with ranges were I couldn't monitor the unit. Thank goodness for a "home" function to have the unit returned to you otherwise on very expensive maiden flight
    Last edited by 0rocky; 06-27-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rocky View Post
    Will be getting a drone myself in the near future, but for more peaceful purposes. Plan on taking aerial videos and posting same as sales tool for my property..............
    Better get licensed.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links