Tampons
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tampons

This is a discussion on Tampons within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Tampons

Tampons

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to
    time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

We own a lot of them for medical purpose (much cheaper than other sterile fabrics), we have pads more though. But you have shined the light on a couple more uses. Thanks!

Ok Jarhead your letting all of our knowledge of femenine products out there, Skin so soft with bug spray, hose to keep chiggers and ticks away. Jees just give them the family recipe

I am kidding of course
    Camel923 likes this.
    Im memory of my brother and fellow Marine, Semper Fidelis. Rest well my friend

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

When I was in the service we were instructed to insert these into gunshot wounds then place the sailor's battle dressing over the wound, apply pressure and call for dust-off. We had all sorts of crap in our kit. Morphine surettes, antropine syringe, condom for muzzle protection and mopp gear.
    Urinal Cake likes this.

I came across some of these at a USO where they always have toiletries for folks coming through. I have never seen them this small...It looks more like a suppository but it is a Tampon (maybe for younger girls...IDK) but based on its size it would plug a 45 entrance wound fairly efficiently so I went out and picked some up for my med kits.

Tampons-bullet-tampon.jpg

By the way the AAA battery is just for size comparison. Its not some bullet vibrator or anything...Not that I would know what those are....er....I really...ummm....shit...this looks bad....
    Last edited by Old SF Guy; 10-03-2014 at 11:13 PM.
    indie, Slippy, Jeep and 3 others like this.

Hand sanitizer is another multi-purpose item. And Vaseline. And lots of other things no doubt. Even good old wet ones wipes are good for removing very nearly every possible stain from clothes, even after some time.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Excellent post PD. Thanks.

As I sit here in our little medical facility (barn) I see 1728 (twelve dozen) packages of tampons (I think there are 12 in each package as well - that's a whole bunch of tampons) in vacuum packages under the shelf right next to 1728 feminine pads. The ladies in our group studied the different types and brands of feminine protection products for quite some time before making our purchase for surgical and first aide preps. We keep the sterile supplies in vacuum bags inside galvanized garbage cans to keep dust and CRITTERS out.
    Slippy and BagLady like this.
    Dr. Prepper

Great information.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Prepper View Post
    Excellent post PD. Thanks.

As I sit here in our little medical facility (barn) I see 1728 (twelve dozen) packages of tampons (I think there are 12 in each package as well - that's a whole bunch of tampons) in vacuum packages under the shelf right next to 1728 feminine pads. The ladies in our group studied the different types and brands of feminine protection products for quite some time before making our purchase for surgical and first aide preps. We keep the sterile supplies in vacuum bags inside galvanized garbage cans to keep dust and CRITTERS out.
    wow, very impressive. I was thinking of OB tampons to save space. They are just the inside of the tampon with no applicator. I never thought about the usefulness of the wrapper and applicator. I will have to rethink this issue.

What brand did the ladies pick???

Tampax excellent for bullet hole plugging!
    NoobMom likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links