Tampons - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tampons

This is a discussion on Tampons within the Prepper Tools forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by NoobMom wow, very impressive. I was thinking of OB tampons to save space. They are just the inside of the tampon with ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Tampons

Quote Originally Posted by NoobMom View Post
    wow, very impressive. I was thinking of OB tampons to save space. They are just the inside of the tampon with no applicator. I never thought about the usefulness of the wrapper and applicator. I will have to rethink this issue.

What brand did the ladies pick???
    Well, we have several brands here. I know that the ladies selected Tena brand for the large pads because they were cheap, and the absorbancy tests they did revealed that cost didn't always indicate efficiency (for our purposes anyway). I think the retail price is about $1.00 US each pad but somehow the folks in family "C" got a special deal through a Tena employee and they cost us $0.26 each (in our 3-family Mutual Assistance Group we have family A, B, and C and this was family "C"s project) . These were start-up and end-of-run seconds that would normally be thrown in a landfill.

I know that family "C" and the other ladies were doing experiments with other brands and some tampons but I don't know the details right now. I was not involved in that little project. I do know that the Proctor and Gamble light pads are now made with foam rubber (or something like that) and we think that the fluffed paper pads are going away soon. Not sure what impact this has on a prepper's medical needs though. All I know is that we have bazillions of these things in vacuum sealed bags and in boxes. The vacuum sealed bags saves lots of space for storage. Oops! I forgot - "bazillions" is a highly technical term used by professionals to mean "a whole bunch" :eek:

We all hope that these dressings will never be needed.
    NoobMom likes this.
    Dr. Prepper

I prefer tampons with a cardboard tube as it provides more kindling and a nifty sleeve for protecting other items.

I also have feminine napkins in my preps. The dollar store has them 12/$1.
    NoobMom likes this.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to
    time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links