Trump Remaking Federal Judiciary
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Trump Remaking Federal Judiciary within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Another Bigly thing that Trump is doing with little to no attention. Some would say that this could be the most valuable thing that Trump ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Trump Remaking Federal Judiciary

Another Bigly thing that Trump is doing with little to no attention. Some would say that this could be the most valuable thing that Trump could do while in office.

Nearly a year later, that plan is coming to fruition. Mr. Trump has already appointed eight appellate judges, the most this early in a presidency since Richard M. Nixon, and on Thursday, the Senate Judiciary Committee voted along party lines to send a ninth appellate nominee — Mr. Trump’s deputy White House counsel, Gregory Katsas — to the floor.

Republicans are systematically filling appellate seats they held open during President Barack Obama’s final two years in office with a particularly conservative group of judges with life tenure. Democrats — who in late 2013 abolished the ability of 41 lawmakers to block such nominees with a filibuster, then quickly lost control of the Senate — have scant power to stop them.
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-r...ral-judiciary/
    Camel923, Denton and bigwheel like this.

Democrats – who in late 2013 abolished the ability of 41 lawmakers to block such nominees with a filibuster, then quickly lost control of the Senate – have scant power to stop them.
    I be loving me some Harry Reid.....
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    I be loving me some Harry Reid.....
    It should be a 51 vote majority to pass anything through the Senate if McConnell would actually do the correct thing.
    Denton and Prepared One like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Sooner or later the other party will be calling the tune. Do not get too giddy.
    RJAMES likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Super Moderator

This is why I laugh every time I hear a Liberal state "Trump hasn't gotten anything accomplished". I'm glad they keep listening to their lapdog media so they have no clue what is really going on except that Trump doesn't use the correct fork, he dumps fish food to koi and his Tweets are mean.
    Denton, Mule13, Robie and 1 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Sooner or later the other party will be calling the tune. Do not get too giddy.
    All the more reason to get these people confirmed NOW.
    The way things are looking with the RINOs doing nothing, there is a good possibility the dems could take over in 2018.
    Denton, Smitty901 and Prepared One like this.

Quote Originally Posted by preppermyA View Post
    All the more reason to get these people confirmed NOW.
    The way things are looking with the RINOs doing nothing, there is a good possibility the dems could take over in 2018.
    I agree with the getting things done now, but disagree that the Dems may take over in 2018. If anything, Conservatives, GOP or not will add seats that right column. 26-8 Dem to GOP senate seats up with over half the dem seats in states Trump won. Do you really think that Joe "lying gun control boy" Manchin in WV is going to get re-elected in a state that Trump won overwhelminglh? Heitkampt in ND is another Dem likely to lose and the seat change to Conservative/GOP. The Dems will not gain spewing the same hate and having no useful message.

Question why the heck has he not filled every single seat by now ? No good reason every one of them is not filled.
    RedLion likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Question why the heck has he not filled every single seat by now ? No good reason every one of them is not filled.
    That is mostly McConnell's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    It should be a 51 vote majority to pass anything through the Senate if McConnell would actually do the correct thing.
    Be careful of what you wish for . Can you say you would be happy if Pelosi were elected to the senate and had a simple majority rule?

Politics things change . I think the Democrats will be back in majority within 4 years even if it takes longer they will have majority again and McConnell does not want the dems to have a simple majority rules in the senate.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links