What do you think is really happening at the Bundy Ranch in Nevada? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What do you think is really happening at the Bundy Ranch in Nevada?

This is a discussion on What do you think is really happening at the Bundy Ranch in Nevada? within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Gunner's Mate Can you cite sources I had not heard about this Here ya go! ALLEGATIONS SURFACE THAT SENATOR HARRY REID (D-NV) ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: What do you think is really happening at the Bundy Ranch in Nevada?

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner's Mate View Post
    Can you cite sources I had not heard about this
    Here ya go!

ALLEGATIONS SURFACE THAT SENATOR HARRY REID (D-NV) IS BEHIND THE BLM LAND GRAB OF BUNDY RANCH TO HELP CHINESE COMPANY

The document entitled "Cattle Trespass Impacts" has been deleted from the BLM website, but with the internet "they" can not hide their dirty business like they once could.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 04-16-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    Inor likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    The Bundy's original grazing rights didn't/don't require them to pay range fees. Their family settled and improved the land and were allowed to graze there for free. The federal government changed the rules ex post facto and started demanding range fees of the very people who had made the land suitable for grazing in the first place. The federal government has broken their original agreement with western ranchers.
    Suppose the land in question was inherited by you. Your ancestors never ask the Bundys for any grazing fees. Because of other interest they lived else ware but kept the taxes paid. You also lived elsewhere and twenty years ago the title passed to you. You continued to meet all obligations of raw land ownership but began charging grazing fees. The Bundys refused to pay and three times you had a local lawyer take them to court they continued to refuse to pay and continued to use your land.

Now you want to retire there. The actual grazing fees now amount to over $300,000 dollars. With court cost and interest the judgement is $1.1 million.

Now you are going to tell me you have no right to impound the cattle and take possession of your land. Suppose a company is going to pay you not to use your land but lease it for to them for 99 years as a midagatfion area. The lease is a net lease equal to twice the grazing fees plus 2% of the revenue generate from power sold as a percentage of the land mitigation area.

Bundy's story is the same.

Are you so much an anti-property rights person that you will side with the deadbeat Bundys?

Just because you hate the BLM, the government and as I do Reid; that does not make him right.
    Ripon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
    Suppose the land in question was inherited by you. Your ancestors never ask the Bundys for any grazing fees. Because of other interest they lived else ware but kept the taxes paid. You also lived elsewhere and twenty years ago the title passed to you. You continued to meet all obligations of raw land ownership but began charging grazing fees. The Bundys refused to pay and three times you had a local lawyer take them to court they continued to refuse to pay and continued to use your land.

Now you want to retire there. The actual grazing fees now amount to over $300,000 dollars. With court cost and interest the judgement is $1.1 million.

Now you are going to tell me you have no right to impound the cattle and take possession of your land. Suppose a company is going to pay you not to use your land but lease it for to them for 99 years as a midagatfion area. The lease is a net lease equal to twice the grazing fees plus 2% of the revenue generate from power sold as a percentage of the land mitigation area.

Bundy's story is the same.

Are you so much an anti-property rights person that you will side with the deadbeat Bundys?

Just because you hate the BLM, the government and as I do Reid; that does not make him right.
    No offense, but that's one of the most ridiculous analogies I've ever heard. The land in question is owned by the federal government for public use. Trying to compare the federal government to a private party (in this case me) property owner is completely and totally intellectually lazy/dishonest. The government should not be allowed to change the rules to suit its own purposes. They should not be allowed to throw people off the property that they have been grazing for generations because they cannot afford new and draconian fees.

The Bundy family invested in the land they have grazed over the course of several generations with the understanding that they would not be charged range fees. Then, the federal government went back on its word and started charging exorbitant range fees. Every rancher except Bundy left the area and/or went out of business. The feds have made it impossible for ranchers to make money grazing on federal lands. The Bundy's decided they would make the government honor their original agreement. It's that simple. The Bundy's haven't changed...federal policy has changed. The Bundy's aren't deadbeats...the feds are land sharks. They promise one thing and do another. When you don't comply with their constantly changing policies they swat team you.
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 04-16-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    Inor and sparkyprep like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If you really want to know what the federal government is doing across the west with regards to cattle ranching, click on the link and start watching at 19:52.

The BLM is deliberately changing the rules and the regulations on range use so often that they are driving most ranchers out of business.

Since 1993 my family has paid $147,470 in grazing fee's to the Federal Government for rights to 440 head of cattle. We have paid it a few times when we didn't have anyone using it - just to keep it. In return for this the cattle grazing our area have been protected from poaching, wildlife has been managed so the cats don't eat too much beef, and even people who might interfere with the cattle trade have been monitored, sometimes asked to move, and kept from being a problem at no additional expense to me. The cattle have grazed property that I don't pay taxes on and while I can't agree with 100% of how the money is used - I in general have no complaints.

To those fine people that think Mr. Bundy should not have to pay his fees. Please fork over $147,470 plus interest over the last 21 years because if he shouldn't have to pay it - neither should I.

BTW I own mineral rights to my property, and not the property 135 miles away Mr. Savage.
    PalmettoTree likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    No offense, but that's one of the most ridiculous analogies I've ever heard. The land in question is owned by the federal government for public use. Trying to compare the federal government to a private party (in this case me) property owner is completely and totally intellectually lazy/dishonest. The government should not be allowed to change the rules to suit its own purposes. They should not be allowed to throw people off the property that they have been grazing for generations because they cannot afford new and draconian fees.

The Bundy family invested in the land they have grazed over the course of several generations with the understanding that they would not be charged range fees. Then, the federal government went back on its word and started charging exorbitant range fees. Every rancher except Bundy left the area and/or went out of business. The feds have made it impossible for ranchers to make money grazing on federal lands. The Bundy's decided they would make the government honor their original agreement. It's that simple. The Bundy's haven't changed...federal policy has changed. The Bundy's aren't deadbeats...the feds are land sharks. They promise one thing and do another. When you don't comply with their constantly changing policies they swat team you.
    There is a big difference between saying you will not be charged grazing for grazing rights and not charging for grazing rights. Where is the document that says there will be no charge for grazing on Federal land?

Both state and the federal government change how the public can use government land all the time.

I am on a board that is overseeing the ordinance cleanup of what was once federal land. Some of it is now privately owned and some state owned. I think I have a little experience on federal, state and private ownership. We have never restricted or insisted on searching for or removing ordinance without prior permission from current owners. On state and federal land digging and traveling outside paths outside designated camping and picnic areas is prohibited.

Buddy says the federal government cannot own land once NV became a state equal to the original 13.

We'll there is federally owned land within everyone of the original 13.

You say the federal government cannot change rules (laws etc.). We'll that is exactly what happened first after the Revolutionary War. Then again after the Articles of Confederation were replaced by the Constitution again after the Bill of Rights became law; again after the Civil War.

Property rights are property rights regardless. If I post (aka no trespassing) my land, you post land, the state post land, a corporation post land the federal government post land; all restrict who can go onto the owner's land legally. Just because a person has been using the land regardless of time the legal owner gets to say no more.

This statement is not to single you out. I never would have thought so many survivalist take property rights so superficially.

I agree the Federal government owns too much land. But that is a separate issue. I despise Reid. The deeper problem in NV is the voters that have sent Reid to Washington so many times.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links