Trump already keeping campaign promises and isn't even in office - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trump already keeping campaign promises and isn't even in office

This is a discussion on Trump already keeping campaign promises and isn't even in office within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; I hope Hillary was watching....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Trump already keeping campaign promises and isn't even in office

I hope Hillary was watching.
    stowlin likes this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

RamzPaul made a great point on the Carrier thing. While the dems say it is only 1,000 jobs and that doesn't mean much, in reality many companies that were in the process of outsourcing jobs will have to think twice and hold off until they see what really happens and how the laws really change.

Trump's win has likely saved a lot more jobs and already started to reshape America.

Its the states business but a 7 mil hostage negotiation will result in other businesses trying for the same deal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dubyagee View Post
    Its the states business but a 7 mil hostage negotiation will result in other businesses trying for the same deal.
    We can only hope....

The deal announced today states that Carrier will keep 1,069 jobs in the US in exchange for $7 million , over 10 years, in tax breaks from Indiana. These jobs on average make about $30 an hour. Full time workers on average work 2,087 hours a year so that means 1,069 (2087)($30) gives you approximately $67 million dollars in income a year. The state tax rate in Indiana is 3.3% so $67 million (0.033) gives you about $2.2 million dollars in state income a year while the state is only giving Carrier a $700,000 tax break a year. Indiana is getting a 300% return, per year, on their investment. This doesn’t take into account the extra flow of money into the economy and Carrier’s plan to invest $16 million into the plant itself. Liberals who are complaining about this deal need to learn basic math.
    https://investmentwatchblog.com/a-ma...s-pure-genius/
    Maol9 and Sonya like this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

Quote Originally Posted by Dubyagee View Post
    If Trump gets the tax laws changed then the states may not have to cut any deals.

In Carrier's case it likely wasn't the 7 mil, it was also the bad publicity and fallout from consumers, or as someone else mentioned the possible loss of gov contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    I understand the math as shown. The fact that it was done to one company that is still sending jobs to Mexico reeks of a sideshow. Lets see if companies really stop doing outsourcing and their suppliers come back too. I will respect that math.

I am a Trump voter btw.

Disclaimer: I voted for Trump in the general election but certainly not in the primary.

Maybe I am the only one, but this deal really bothers me. The day after the Carrier deal was announced Trump went to their plant and delivered a speech. In that speech he said: "If you are a company and want to move out of the country, we are not going to let you. You can move from state to state but you can't leave the country."

Are you kidding me?!? When obama said stuff like that we were rightly outraged. But now it is okay because it is our guy saying it?

I do not want a president that is threatening companies. I do not want a president that is threatening whole industries like obama did with the coal industry. I want a president that lowers taxes, removes regulations and creates an environment where companies WANT to build plants in these United States. But this idea of threatening them or offering incentives to individual companies is just is croney capitalism at its worst.

Furthermore, Trump's pick of Munchkin to head the Treasury Department seems to indicate this is exactly how Trump plans to run the economy - with Washington giving orders to individual companies about what they can and cannot do. If you do not know much about Munchkin (his real name is Mnuchin), he is a big progressive liberal hack. Before he worked at Goldman Sachs he worked for George Soros' hedge fund. This guy is as "top down command and control" as they get!

I love what Trump is signaling on the foreign policy front, but I am VERY worried about how he seems to be setting himself up to "command" the economy.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

We are used to progressive politicians. Now we get to see a progressive businessman in action.

I hope I am wrong and he flies straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    ...Maybe I am the only one, but this deal really bothers me. The day after the Carrier deal was announced Trump went to their plant and delivered a speech. In that speech he said: "If you are a company and want to move out of the country, we are not going to let you. You can move from state to state but you can't leave the country."

Are you kidding me?!? When obama said stuff like that we were rightly outraged. But now it is okay because it is our guy saying it?...
    He's also quoted as stating that if a company does in fact move out of the country, that country's products are going to be surcharged and likely lose the federal government as a customer.

If the reduction of costs of doing business in Mexico, will result in a net loss due to these factors, the incentive to move has been effectively nullified.
    Sonya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Disclaimer: I voted for Trump in the general election but certainly not in the primary.

Maybe I am the only one, but this deal really bothers me. The day after the Carrier deal was announced Trump went to their plant and delivered a speech. In that speech he said: "If you are a company and want to move out of the country, we are not going to let you. You can move from state to state but you can't leave the country."

Are you kidding me?!? When obama said stuff like that we were rightly outraged. But now it is okay because it is our guy saying it?
    I don't remember barry every saying stuff like that. I do remember him pushing regulations that drove businesses out of the country.

I know you're old enough to remember when quality stuff was made in the USA and when an item stated MADE IN JAPAN you knew it was cheap and low quality. How often do you see MADE IN THE USA anymore? We used to be a manufacturing country. Most everything now is imported and we are supporting the economies of quite a few nations. China is growing by leaps and bounds with our money.

Now they say we are a Customer Service society. CUSTOMER SERVICE REALLY? How often do you get decent customer service anymore?

I was not a Trump supporter but he was a far cry from the beast. I think he deserves a chance. At least he is trying to keep one of his promises and he hasn't even made it into office yet. Both the feds and the states cut deals to get/keep jobs. Texas does this a fair amount and we are one of the few states that don't have a major deficit. A number of companies have moved their headquarters here recently because of the deals cut.
    Sonya likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links