Obamacare Penalty rather than get insurance?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Obamacare Penalty rather than get insurance? within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Are you Planning to pay the Obamacare Penalty rather than get insurance? The penalty is $95 per person, or 1% of the family income which ...

Poll: Obamacare Penalty rather than get insurance?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Obamacare Penalty rather than get insurance?

Are you Planning to pay the Obamacare Penalty rather than get insurance?

The penalty is $95 per person, or 1% of the family income which ever hurts most.
    Last edited by split; 09-27-2013 at 08:46 AM.

In my case, I will pay the penalty ($2K), or I will find an ultra cheap, horrid coverage policy...the bare minimum. I would rather waste the money on terrible coverage rather than see the funds go to the government.

If some catastrophic illness should occur, I'm covered via the obamacare health welfare. I would need to be near death before I would do it....but that is the new American ethic

So far, I'm still covered at the VA, so no.

My company offers only the bare minimum which is really not health insurance but only hospitalization and "temporary disability" (out of work several weeks to 6 months, then they drop you). Less than half your normal pay and no medical payments, that's all on you. You might be surprised at how many companies are at this level.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm covered through my wife's employer, but if they drop spouses I'd likely pay the penalty. That will change in time though and in fact I think they even included the mechanism to change that - increase the penalty - dramatically over time. At this early stage it would be the way to go, but when its 3 or 4% of your income (or more) it might not be.

Here are the details, welcome to Nazi Germany.

Your tax penalty for not having insurance is paid on your taxes at the end of the year and enforced by the IRS:

2014 = $95 per person per year or 1% of your Income
    2015 = $325 per person per year or 2% of your Income
    2016 = $695 per person per year or 2.5% of your Income
    2017 = Tax Penalty will increase by the rate of inflation going forward, or 2.5% of your Income

Several groups are exempt from the requirement to obtain coverage or pay the penalty, including:

• People who would have to pay more than 8 percent of their income for health insurance
    • People with incomes below the threshold required for filing taxes (in 2012, $9,750 for a single person and $27,100 for a married couple with two children)
    • People who qualify for religious exemptions
    • Undocumented immigrants (Illegal Aliens)
    • People who are incarcerated
    • Members of Native American tribes

For those who can afford it and choose not to purchase health insurance the tax will be unavoidable. The money collected from these taxes goes towards funding ObamaCare and subsidizing hospitals who will have to cover unpaid emergency room visits. The money is also a down payment on your almost inevitable use of the health care system.
    Last edited by split; 09-27-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Fuzzee likes this.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    There's no, " I will shoot, shovel and shut up about any taxman coming my way." vote.

split, GTGallop, Tripper52 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzee View Post
    There's no, " I will shoot, shovel and shut up about any taxman coming my way." vote.
    It would be nice to have such options, but this forum has no SSL security and so everything can and is watched and stored.

Looks like I am going to pay the tax the first few years, going to be cheaper that way for me atleast.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    Quote Originally Posted by split View Post
    It would be nice to have such options, but this forum has no SSL security and so everything can and is watched and stored.

Aw hell, you mean their watching?

Than they must think I don't like them.

Our government is forcing people to purchase subsidized service. If you do not purchase it the government will fine you.

This methodology is stunning to me.

Also to the list of exemptions above, please add congressman and senators right below native americans.
    Tripper52 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links