Stop and Frisk - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stop and Frisk

This is a discussion on Stop and Frisk within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by 1895gunner I'm not ok with stop & frisk. Imagine it happens to you - you wouldn't be happy either. Got a warrant, ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Stop and Frisk

Quote Originally Posted by 1895gunner View Post
    I'm not ok with stop & frisk. Imagine it happens to you - you wouldn't be happy either. Got a warrant, different story.

1895gunner
    Had it happen in the 90's. Cop was professional and explained why and went away shaking his head and then gave the 7-11 clerk a good talking to.

Remember stop and frisk was originally supposed to be an out reach of the Terry Stop rule. Judge didn't say stop and frisk was unconstitutional, just how NYPD was implementing it was
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Old Man View Post
    That's the basis of a Terry Stop and is valid in most states - even NY.

The difference with Stop and Frisk is that it was based on the same philosophy of DUI Check points - that have passed constitutional muster (at least here in VA). However if you target only a specific class of people, then you get on shaky grounds.
    Hear you on that. Back in the good old days we played bingo for random DL checks. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. If I a person or car looked the least bit unusual they got pulled over to check the driving card. We also had stationary DL checks where you could send then down the chute and pick out the trashy ones to stop on the far end. The innocent looking ones got waved on through. The brass really liked that because a nice hwy cop could right the same amount if not more tickets parked than they could driving around aimlessly. Then some radical commie judge ruled if you wanted to do that you had to check everybody. Which I think is still legal.

"stop & frisk" Always had some probable cause associated with it . LEO did not just grab people. LEO often already know who they are watching and what they are doing.
    "stop & frisk" just made it easier to catch them off guard IMO. That is a lot different than just grabbing everyone on the street. In an area where Blacks commit 90% of the crime odds are most "stop & frisk" will be black.
    bigwheel and 8301 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Carn pretty well recall the year probable cause got invented. Think most of us viewed it as an exercise in creative report writing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Carn pretty well recall the year probable cause got invented. Think most of us viewed it as an exercise in creative report writing.
    Actually on a terry stop you have the lesser thresshold called reasonable suspicion.

Reasonable Suspicion and Probable Cause: What's the Difference? | Taylor Law Company
    bigwheel likes this.

Banned

Ive decided the next time I'm pulled over or asked any questions by the police that I'm only going to communicate in writing and I'm going to provide the pen and paper. I don't believe there is a law against it.
    Maine-Marine and Slippy like this.

Show me your papers..coming to your town soon
    Operator6 and 1895gunner like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Real Old Man View Post
    Actually on a terry stop you have the lesser thresshold called reasonable suspicion.

Reasonable Suspicion and Probable Cause: What's the Difference? | Taylor Law Company
    Good point. School employees work on the same premise as regards their students. They can do all kinds of creative things cops aint normally charged with getting involved with. Such as producing perfectly legal confessions made by and searches of aspiring young mass murderers. Those folks are indeed a blessing.

Super Moderator

As much fun as "Stop and Frisk" sounds, I'm going to pass. Everyone is talking about this happening to the thug but reality is...it could happen to you! How would you feel getting stopped and frisked?
    1895gunner and Maine-Marine like this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Mishee Mishee Mishee. I already spoke to that in a previous post. I didn't have a problem with the officer and I could understand (this was way before we became a shall issue state) the clerks concern. He was working in a very bad area and 7-11's policy was no guns for their employees.

But if the officer is following Terry then they must suspect that you are about to or have committed a crime. And that makes you no longer a law abiding citizen.

And hades the only folks that demand papers is when you go to get on a military base. Papers please (USMC, Army, Navy Air Force) so it's already here M&M

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links