Just found out about a new book that is out, and it will be a new documentary film released this summer, by an investigative journalist named Jeremy Scahill, entitled "Dirty Wars: The World Is A Battlefield."

The book and new (Sundance Channel/Independent Film Channel) documentary movie focuses on the "undeclared" war being conducted by U.S. forces and operatives in the Middle East and certain African countries by the current leadership. It reportedly exposes America's policies in the "drone zones" among other activities that may have future ramifications for how America may be viewed by other countries, or may be the shape of things to come in the future as we confront the evils of extremists in countries abroad, depending on your personal political perspectives.

I have no affiliation with the book, film or author - I saw him interviewed on Morning Joe (yeah, I watch the show every morning while drinking my morning coffee, among other news programs) and thought it looked interesting and perhaps worth further inquiry. Surprising that Morning Joe covered it, but apparently the show has a cameo in the documentary, which they paid NBC a licensing fee for....

Here is a link for you to check out if you are interested in the topic:

Home Page | Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield