Only $230,000 in Tax Money
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Only $230,000 in Tax Money within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; NYC Settles Lawsuit Over Seizure of Occupy Books - ABC News Given to the occupy wall street group courtesy of our legal system. Well I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Only $230,000 in Tax Money

NYC Settles Lawsuit Over Seizure of Occupy Books - ABC News

Given to the occupy wall street group courtesy of our legal system.
    Well I'm glad I don't pay taxes in NY or NYC.

Just think of how many Big Gulps that will buy. Oh wait...
    Montana Rancher likes this.

Taxation is theft, lesson learned. The irony is that the rich actually pay no tax, as their wealth is held in offshore trusts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Not completely true.

America's tax system is sadly focused on income and only on income. If a person buys an asset, lets say land, lets say it costs a million dollars but they
    only get $20,000 a year of income from it (after expenses) they only pay taxes on that $20,000 and very little if anything on the land / asset. The same
    is true for a corporate stock. You could own a billion dollars worth of stock, have it go up 20% to 1.2 billion and pay no income taxes unless you sell it
    for a profit.

A lot of American' leftists think its evil the corporations hold money off shore and don't pay American' income taxes from it - fact is most of it is earned
    off shore and the corporations have no reason to invest it here. Plus we give them no reason too - either.

Quote Originally Posted by prep2death View Post
    Taxation is theft, lesson learned. The irony is that the rich actually pay no tax, as their wealth is held in offshore trusts.
    Meangreen and paraquack like this.

In Washington we pay property tax of about 1.2%. That means that for every eighty years we pay for the proerty again.... for nothing.
    You have to pay taxes on the land and any improvements made to it. When I finish my two "garages" It will add $50000 to the taxable value for my land and home.
    If you earn money from it you have to pay taxes on that too.

Is it really for nothing? You don't have roads? No sewer, water, or law enforcement and fire protection? Really its for nothing Paul? We pay about the same
    here in CA. State property is 1% and the locals have tagged on some added elements that might make it 1.05% for anyting from libraries to law enforcement.
    I don't get the idea that I get nothing in return - I'm sad how much of it is used / wasted but we still have an education system, a police department, fire
    department, and too many other departments because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    In Washington we pay property tax of about 1.2%. That means that for every eighty years we pay for the proerty again.... for nothing.
    You have to pay taxes on the land and any improvements made to it. When I finish my two "garages" It will add $50000 to the taxable value for my land and home.
    If you earn money from it you have to pay taxes on that too.

Do you guys pay income tax and sales tax to the state, too?

CA has among the worst in taxes - there have been some recent stories about it - the voters soaked anyone making more
    than a certain sum just recently with an an increase in personal income tax to 13.3% - that on top of the feds. I know if
    I were in that tax bracket I'd be out of here - some are leaving - none are making a big deal about though. We have a
    7.5% sales tax - most are higher due to local additions to 8 or even 9% in some places (SF). Then there is the 1% property
    tax of which schools get about 70%.

I recall some 20 years ago a Ripon city official bemoaning the neighboring town for getting a fiscal responsibility award.
    The neighboring town over spent its general fund by some 12.5% and used "reserves" to make do and got an award,
    where as Ripon actually tucked away $250,000 and got nothing, not even an honorable mention. Turns out the
    award criteria is who spends the most per person - not who spends it wisely or saves.

Neighboring town: STOCKTON

That sounds like the government in my state. The home state of President O is nothing short of an disaster. The government loses money by the truckload every day. It has a debt of more than $153 billion. It owes some where around $100 billion to the pension plan for its employees. It owes the public schools some $700+ million as of March this year. About 1 in 6 citizens are on food stamps in Illinois. Illinois has about a 9.5% unemployment. When Texas Governor Rick Perry went on abusiness recruiting visit to Chicago a couple of months ago, he made the pitch for businesses to relocate to Texas where the tax is essentially zero. As Governor Perry put it, "Get out while there's still time." Illinois has a 9.5% corporate tax rate -- one of the largest in the nation. A few years ago, the government raised individual income taxes by 66 and 2/3 %, but it was only going to be for 5 years, so they could get out of debt and has a general sales tax beginning at 6.25% and in Cook County (Chicago) is 9.75% (including gas, cars general merchandise, but food and real medicine is about 1%. They tax you making the money and spending too. Today, the state is probably 20% worse off then when they increased the tax. Now they're talking about making the 66-2/3% increase permanent. Boy did I see that coming. Sell your house, you pay a tax. Property tax where I live is around 2.5%. Just last year the school tax jumped by $600. I thought it was a mistake. When I called, they said, "No mistake, the state hasn't sent us our money, so we are making you pay." When I asked if we would see a rate reduction when they got paid by the state,the woman laughed, "NO!" I got my tax papers yesterday. Even tho the value of my house had gone down the taxes haven't. And the BIG O has the balls to say the economy is doing ok??? I don't know what kind of drugs he's on, but... This country and a lot of the states have no comprehension of what it takes to make money and therefore have no idea of how to live inside of a budget. Why is Illinois in such debt? Just like the BIG O (who was an Illinois legislator ), we give money away so the poor people will vote for the Dems. Years ago when the Illinois Lottery began, all profits were to go to schools. Every year they decide how much each school kid gets from the state, now about $1000+. But then they cut it by the amount of the lottery profits. The schools gain NOTHING.
    Last edited by paraquack; 05-02-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Its ok we do pretty good at fixing bridgers here in CA. (I am joking) Good if you work on them. Prevailing wage for the guys way up on the top of the bridge with all the safety gear is $275 an hour now. Yes that is $572,000 a year for a construction worker - please note that is total cost but still.

But hey we are going to start the bullet train soon. They are going to build it from some where to no where just to have a segment in place so they can force the rest of it down our throats. You know - once started - have to finis type of thing. They want to break ground in July I heard last but still haven't decided on a route - how the hell can they break ground if they don't know where the thing is going? Unbelievable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links