Government Service pays
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Government Service pays

This is a discussion on Government Service pays within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; $3.5 million made in 5 years in congress. Mammon is God. Something Strange Emerges When Looking At A Congresswoman's Daytrading Records | Zero Hedge...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Camel923
  • 1 Post By RedLion
  • 1 Post By Camel923
  • 1 Post By RedLion

Thread: Government Service pays

Government Service pays

Why complain over peanuts? The Clintons were "flat broke" when they left the white house even with Bill's annual retirement pay that clearly put them in the 1%. The control a personal slush fund called the Clinton foundation which the Russians alone contributed 145 million to get US uranium assets when the beast was Secretary of State. This foundation as laundered hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars with very little going to charity. The Clintons also have an estimated net worth of approximately 150-200 million. Yes Mammon is God to the "public servants".

Congress exempted itself from insider trading decades ago. Mrs Clinton turned a thousand dollar cattle futures investment into a 100,000 over night. Most members of Congress have seen there net worth sore after taking and staying in office. No real assets to being worth millions does not happen with public service alone. Plus upon retiring they get to keep any left over campaign funds. Could be worth millions on this alone. The legislatures know what legislation is going to pass to make the stocks of certain companies sore and they buy it on the cheap in vast quantities prior to voting to make the changes to make the stock skyrocket.
    RedLion likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Why complain over peanuts? The Clintons were "flat broke" when they left the white house even with Bill's annual retirement pay that clearly put them in the 1%. The control a personal slush fund called the Clinton foundation which the Russians alone contributed 145 million to get US uranium assets when the beast was Secretary of State. This foundation as laundered hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars with very little going to charity. The Clintons also have an estimated net worth of approximately 150-200 million. Yes Mammon is God to the "public servants".

Congress exempted itself from insider trading decades ago. Mrs Clinton turned a thousand dollar cattle futures investment into a 100,000 over night. Most members of Congress have seen there net worth sore after taking and staying in office. No real assets to being worth millions does not happen with public service alone. Plus upon retiring they get to keep any left over campaign funds. Could be worth millions on this alone. The legislatures know what legislation is going to pass to make the stocks of certain companies sore and they buy it on the cheap in vast quantities prior to voting to make the changes to make the stock skyrocket.
    I find 3.5 mill to be much more than peanuts. Until/unless money is out of the equation, then we will stay stuck with crappy dirtbags that will say whatever to get and stay elected and then do what ever.
    Camel923 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I find 3.5 mill to be much more than peanuts. Until/unless money is out of the equation, then we will stay stuck with crappy dirtbags that will say whatever to get and stay elected and then do what ever.
    It is only peanuts compared to Bill and Hillary. I agree that it all is criminal.
    RedLion likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    It is only peanuts compared to Bill and Hillary. I agree that it all is criminal.
    I understand. If I made 3.5 mil in 5 years, I would be done working for others and disappear to my compound. I would rarely have need let alone interest in the outside world.
    SGG likes this.

Not unusual for congressional types to make bank on books, trades, and other none sense. What I don't get is why it's not voluntary to serve in congress. If they can rake in so much we don't need to lay them

insider trading is legal for congress, this is nothing new.
    Hidden Content

My accommodation of your incompetence does not make you right.

In 2010 after the Republicans took over house and senate it was written into their rules that it was against the law. About 7-8 months later they quietly removed the rule so it's been in play ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakthesoldier View Post
    insider trading is legal for congress, this is nothing new.

Sponsored Links