Tax Returns of Candidates
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Tax Returns of Candidates within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; The American left is resonating on the need for Trumps tax returns. Can someone show me where it says in the constitution or even legislatively ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tax Returns of Candidates

The American left is resonating on the need for Trumps tax returns. Can someone show me where it says in the constitution or even legislatively approved campaign laws that a candidate has to show us all his private business?
    Slippy, Gridrebel, RedLion and 1 others like this.

Let's reflect back on that trash in the WH, what did he put out? Phony birth certificate and no personal records like school records.
    Trump should say show me yours and I will show you mine.
    Did everybody forget about his refusal to show his, screw the demonrats.

Somehow, reportedly he paid $ mil to keep all his transcripts sealed,,, Sockcucker! literally...
    Announcing Our New web-site 100% CBD products
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It's just a tradition to show personal tx returns, not law. If they don't however, the press will and other talking heads will blow it up as a sign that they have something to hide. Except if they're a demorat, then they'll let it slide.

Hell I'd like to all of Pant Suit Emails and donations to her clinton foundation hell all of it from who and for how much oh and by the way how was the clinton mafia friends and family paid by the CLint Foundation vs how much the foudation donated and who they donated to Follow the Money, Trump at least he paid for run out of pocket
    {GM Consulting Service}
    Revolutions Started, Lions Tamed,
    Assassinations Plotted, Bars Emptied,
    Governments Run, Widows Wooed,
    Uprisings Quelled, Wars Fought, Golf Matches Fixed,
    Pack Trips Guided & Lost

Trump is raising money now. Why not people will give it too him.
    As for his tax returns I hope he uses the law. The law says he
    doesn't have to or better yet doesn't say anything.

Here's a good site that shows who showed what and when. Tax History Project -- Presidential Tax Returns

Many didn't show their returns right away and some returns never made it to the public's scrutiny. As the site also states: "Individual income tax returns — including those of public figures — are private information, protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Indeed, the Internal Revenue Service is barred from releasing any taxpayer information whatsoever, except to authorized agencies and individuals."

Many voters supposedly want to see tax returns as part of the vetting process. With all the loopholes and hide-a-ways the ultra-wealthy use, their tax returns don't mean a whole lot in my opinion.

I would also state that Bill Clinton didn't show his tax returns either until much later:

"Since 1984, only one major-party presidential candidate -- Bill Clinton in 1992 -- has refused to release the tax forms he sent to the Internal Revenue Service.

In 1996, Clinton did release his forms, and Republican nominee Bob Dole released his tax returns going back 30 years." No Disclosure: Presidential Candidates Defy Tradition, Refuse to Release Taxes - ABC News an article from 2007.

What's so hypocritical is Hillary Clinton is bragging about the 8 years of tax returns on their website but her own husband withheld tax releases when he was campaigning.

She can't bring anything to the table of finger pointing that she and Bill have not done themselves. Her calling anyone out on ANY issues will only further expose her own corruptness.
    Thomas Jerome Newton "Well I'm not a scientist. But I know all things begin and end in eternity." The man who fell to earth

What happened to the audits and the promise of disclosure after the IRS was done with him? Remember he's the only person to get audited every year for some reason?? I still remember trump saying that he had nothing to hide. Even stated he would gladly hand over his tax statements after the investigation.

Typical lying liberal. Say whatever YOU want to hear then never follow through. Of course it's never what you said it's what you can prove.

The audit isn't over yet. Trump has stated he has released his financials, but it waiting for the audit to be completed which he hopes is soon. I'm not sure how many years are included in the audit.
    Thomas Jerome Newton "Well I'm not a scientist. But I know all things begin and end in eternity." The man who fell to earth

I do not care about the wealth of politicians, or how they deal with their taxes--
    I care very much how they deal with my taxes!
    Quip likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links