Open Carry: There Are No More Excuses For It- Breach Bang Clear/Redhead Friday
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Open Carry: There Are No More Excuses For It- Breach Bang Clear/Redhead Friday within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Open Carry–a divisive subject if we’ve ever come across one. In today’s op-ed, Hernandez weighs in. We know not everyone will agree (not all of ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Open Carry: There Are No More Excuses For It- Breach Bang Clear/Redhead Friday

Open Carry–a divisive subject if we’ve ever come across one. In today’s op-ed, Hernandez weighs in. We know not everyone will agree (not all of us agree on any given subject, unless it’s about terrorists being shot in the face) and by all means you’re allowed to express your dissent. Just try not to needlessly inject too much invective. Mad Duo

Open Carry: There Are No More Excuses For It | Breach Bang Clear

Dam,the redheads must be in hiding
    Plus I'm trying to raise my post count

That's cute.
    A cop doesn't like it when citizens carry rifles.

Presumption of innocence gets a bit fuzzy sometimes, I guess. :chargrined:
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

These laws are BULLSHIT!!!

In some states you cannot walk down the road with a rifle/shotgun, even while hunting, that is going/coming from legal hunting areas, legal gun, and hunting license. Has to be unloaded in a case.........so you chase a deer across the road and you become a felon. Crap ass brained liberals......
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    We know not everyone will agree (not all of us agree on any given subject, unless it’s about terrorists being shot in the face)
    You peace loving hippie communist! Everyone knows that terries get blasted in the nuts and femoral artery so they bleed out. How can you be so cowardly to offer them a peacful ride to see allah in his goat humping hell. Admins need to ban all of you muzzie sympathizers!
    AquaHull, Slippy and chocks141 like this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

I never said that oar even typed it.

That's the author or The Mad Duo
    GTGallop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGallop View Post
    You peace loving hippie communist! Everyone knows that terries get blasted in the nuts and femoral artery so they bleed out. How can you be so cowardly to offer them a peacful ride to see allah in his goat humping hell. Admins need to ban all of you muzzie sympathizers!
    Hoping you know I was poking fun.

I disagree with the no need / excuse for OC. Everything has a proper time, place and manner. When I'm in town, sitting in Wendy's eating a Biggie Frys and Frosty - no need for OC, so I don't. But when I'm in more rural areas, even if I stop into an eatery, having a properly holstered sidearm is sometimes not only needed, but socially encouraged.

The whole beef I have with the OC/Anti-OC debate is that it presumes a "one size fits all" requirement. Why should people that live in rural areas be forced into a bad decision (CC when they could OC) just because people that live in major metropolitan areas and have an endless supply of Mocha Frappucino's don't think it works where they live. It is the antithesis of the "Walk a mile in some ones shoes" argument.

I would be FOR an Open carry law if it required you to keep your weapon in a scabbard that adequately covers the trigger area so that the gun can not be manipulated or fired while it is in the scabbard. They make rifle scabbards that fit like a backpack. I think that would work better than these people that sling an AR over the front and keep a hand on the weapon at all times - especially on the handle / grip.

Besides - in almost all of these examples, had the assailant been concealed carrying a weapon (maybe not the rifle they chose to use but a smaller weapon) then they could have achieved the same results. OC did not kill those people or prevent LEOs from interceding and stopping the event. It happened because people were crazy, self absorbed, vain, and had no regard for human life. Where and how you carry does not change that one single iota.
    Kauboy and Medic33 like this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

Here in NC you can OC , you have to obey the no gun law areas , other then that carry were ever you want to , I do OC all the time , being in a power chair it's safer for me , the bad guys know I am armed .
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Open carry has been legal in Pennsylvania since forever. People rarely do around me, however. Mostly there is no need, as a liscense to carry concealed is cheap and uncomplicated. It's nice to have, however, as it serves to prevent a brandishing violation should a concealed carry weapon accidentally become exposed.
    Maine-Marine, Camel923 and Chipper like this.

Open carry seems to be working well in Texas so far. Aint seen a solitary soul packing open yet. Aint hearing any horror stories from the local gendarmes. Could prevent legal troubles for unintended brandishing. I like it.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 02-19-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    sideKahr and AquaHull like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links