Nation In Decline - The Fate Of Empires - Sir John Glub Discussion
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Nation In Decline - The Fate Of Empires - Sir John Glub Discussion within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; This is an excellent discussion of Sir John Glubb's "Fate of Empire's" and how it applies to nation states. Read between the lines and you ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Nation In Decline - The Fate Of Empires - Sir John Glub Discussion

This is an excellent discussion of Sir John Glubb's "Fate of Empire's" and how it applies to nation states.

Read between the lines and you will see how it applies to the modern day United States and why we are all lathered up about SHTF and economic collapse.

Here is a link to Glubb's actual paper if you would like to read it.

http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf
    Denton and A Watchman like this.

Empires not republics or democracies. Great Britian/England has had a parlimentary form of government for over 500 years and it shows no signs of going away.

but the other fly in the ointment is the Holy Roman Empire which lasted almost 900 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Rome was a Republic. And Greece was the birthplace of democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Old Man View Post
    Empires not republics or democracies. Great Britian/England has had a parlimentary form of government for over 500 years and it shows no signs of going away.
    I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here. I don't belong here.

Which collapsed under quantitative easing of the denarius (debasement of the currency by printing more and more less valuable money).

Quote Originally Posted by Real Old Man View Post
    but the other fly in the ointment is the Holy Roman Empire which lasted almost 900 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.
    I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here. I don't belong here.

Super Moderator

Very interesting, and very much what many of us have explained in some fashion or another, here.

I agree in the belief that the terminal nation can't be saved. The carnal and stiffnecked people refuse to regain what made them a great people.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Deagel calling for a 80% reduction in the U.S population by 2025...

List of Countries Forecast 2025

"The key element to understand the process that the USA will enter in the upcoming decade is migration. In the past, specially in the 20th century, the key factor that allowed the USA to rise to its colossus status was immigration with the benefits of a demographic expansion supporting the credit expansion and the brain drain from the rest of the world benefiting the States. The collapse of the Western financial system will wipe out the standard of living of its population while ending ponzi schemes such as the stock exchange and the pension funds. The population will be hit so badly by a full array of bubbles and ponzi schemes that the migration engine will start to work in reverse accelerating itself due to ripple effects thus leading to the demise of the States. This unseen situation for the States will develop itself in a cascade pattern with unprecedented and devastating effects for the economy. Jobs offshoring will surely end with many American Corporations relocating overseas thus becoming foreign Corporations!!!! We see a significant part of the American population migrating to Latin America and Asia while migration to Europe - suffering a similar illness - won't be relevant. Nevertheless the death toll will be horrible. Take into account that the Soviet Union's population was poorer than the Americans nowadays or even then. The ex-Soviets suffered during the following struggle in the 1990s with a significant death toll and the loss of national pride. Might we say "Twice the pride, double the fall"? Nope. The American standard of living is one of the highest, far more than double of the Soviets while having added a services economy that will be gone along with the financial system. When pensioners see their retirement disappear in front of their eyes and there are no servicing jobs you can imagine what is going to happen next. At least younger people can migrate. Never in human history were so many elders among the population. In past centuries people were lucky to get to their 30s or 40s. The American downfall is set to be far worse than the Soviet Union's one. A confluence of crisis with a devastating result."
    Denton, A Watchman and neonoah like this.
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinator762x54r View Post
    Rome was a Republic. And Greece was the birthplace of democracy.
    Rome was a republic only until Caesar appointed himself Emperor. After that the Senate was only a rubber stamp body and Rome was an Empire.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    Rome was a republic only until Caesar appointed himself Emperor. After that the Senate was only a rubber stamp body and Rome was an Empire.
    True.

America was a constitutional republic until the federal government was given power over the states as well as the individual citizens of the states. But, hey! The bread I eat while attending the circus ain't so bad, huh?
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links