Obama's expanded back ground check.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Obama's expanded back ground check. within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; No one seams to know what's in the executive order that's coming except to say maybe it's going to expand the background check. Maybe to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Obama's expanded back ground check.

No one seams to know what's in the executive order that's coming except to say maybe
    it's going to expand the background check. Maybe to close a loop hole where You can't
    but guns at a gun show from a private individual with out a background check.

I CALL BULL CHIT!! If that's what they are after then they would just make it a illegal to sell
    a gun at the gun show if you did't have a FFL licence. Maybe they will say that's what it is for
    but I bet if you look close it can be expanded to me and you. Then no one could sell a gun
    with out a back ground check. Maybe it will have something to do with online gun sales.

Or maybe it will tie your new purchase to being registered for you when you buy it.

What about ammo? Maybe it well affect ammo sales some how.

What ever this executive is you can bet it won't do much to detour mass shootings.
    This executive order will be aimed at me and you. This man is dead set on disarming America.

If guns are to protect us from the tyranny of our our government at what point did we decide
    to put the government in charge of the regulation of our guns?

Ok you can say I HAVE got my hands in the air screaming THE SHY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

It's just that our government has lied and back stabbed us so many times.
    What do you think this new executive order will affect?

In Nashville the new Mayor, I'll let you determine party affiliation, has shut down the Bill Goodman Gun and Knife Show. It was held monthly at the Nashville Fairgrounds. She cited 3 cases where guns bought from private hands at the show ended up with people who were illegally in possession of them. None were ever used in a crime.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by budgetprepp-n View Post
    No one seams to know what's in the executive order that's coming except to say maybe
    it's going to expand the background check. Maybe to close a loop hole where You can't
    but guns at a gun show from a private individual with out a background check.

I CALL BULL CHIT!! If that's what they are after then they would just make it a illegal to sell
    a gun at the gun show if you did't have a FFL licence. Maybe they will say that's what it is for
    but I bet if you look close it can be expanded to me and you. Then no one could sell a gun
    with out a back ground check. Maybe it will have something to do with online gun sales.

Or maybe it will tie your new purchase to being registered for you when you buy it.

What about ammo? Maybe it well affect ammo sales some how.

What ever this executive is you can bet it won't do much to detour mass shootings.
    This executive order will be aimed at me and you. This man is dead set on disarming America.

If guns are to protect us from the tyranny of our our government at what point did we decide
    to put the government in charge of the regulation of our guns?

Ok you can say I HAVE got my hands in the air screaming THE SHY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

It's just that our government has lied and back stabbed us so many times.
    What do you think this new executive order will affect?
    You may as well yell BINGO on all points you have brought up. There is no way any bureaucracy throws away or destroys information unless it reflects badly on them or their superiors. Think of the extra money and control by requiring back ground checks for ammo. Limiting the amount of ammo or the number of firearms one can buy per month. Special permits to have such items in your possession with an annual renewal fee that may be revoked at any time for any reason. The gifting of firearms or the private sale of a rifle or shot gun without having a list of who has what is offensive to any communist...oopps...progressives...oopps... libtards. It is illegal to transfer a handgun in PA without a background check (record of sale). The records are supposed to be destroyed but who is kidding who here. The new executive orders will have nothing to do with public safety and everything with ensuring government and criminals have all the firearms. Then again the governments we have are basically legalized theft anyway.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

I know my view on this will not be popular but I'm not against required background checks for gun sales at gun shows.

I'm pretty uncomfortable with that new law in CA allowing a family member to petition the court to deny a gun or take any guns from a family member, too much potential for abuse with that law although I can see their reasoning behind the law.

Doesn't matter to me as being an FFL in WI I can't sell guns without a check anyway. So it won't make a difference to me.

The form you fill out, 4473 is required to have the serial number and make of firearm transferred. These must be kept as records for the government. They know exactly what you bought and when. This I believe is what the end game is. Having a complete record of who has the guns and how many. Which will lead to registration as they will now have a record. Sure it will take a few years but they will get enough info to implement a confiscation program. Just one little baby step at a time.

The fuhrer has to meet with legal console to see how far he can push it. It will be all over with by this weekend. Wonder if all the gun shows will be cancelled??
    Last edited by Chipper; 01-02-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    Prepared One likes this.

Man the sales of 80% lowers would soar.
    I bet before long parts will be regulated also.

Just more backdoor gun control!
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

Take your pick, camels nose under the tent, or you're a frog in a pot of water on the stove.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 01-02-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    8301 likes this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    I was in an Academy Sports yesterday with my GF and we walked by the fun.. Er.... Gun counter. It was packed. She asked why it was so crowded and I said... "Obama opened his mouth".

Last week were were at the range and they were conducting a CHL class. She noted that over the dozen or so people in the class the vast majority were women.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Btw, all the background checks with the FBI that are suppose to be destroyed or "not kept".. Is BS. They may not have a serial number of the gun but they have a "gun owner" or multiple guns. They do not delete the data. It's on a computer well backed up and easily accessible.
    Slippy likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links