This is a game: - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a game:

This is a discussion on This is a game: within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; "Do you want to watch a movie?" We should move towards ensuring rights and privacy. Limiting government and rich people can't be elected into office, ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: This is a game:

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

We should move towards ensuring rights and privacy. Limiting government and rich people can't be elected into office, too many scandals. You shouldn't be getting rich working for the taxpayer. I already eliminated lawyers. Eliminating lobbying would go along with no wealthy people.

So many possibilities...
    I need a cold drink, a comfy chair, and some time to ponder.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I'd like to keep the same Constitution and bill of rights, but add term limits for member of congress. Would end the freebies for votes. Heck ya I'll spend millions to get elected, once I'm in I'm golden. I know some will say what if congressman/woman is doing good? So what, someone else can't do the same thing? And in line with current events, no lifetime scotus status. P.S., all laws passed apply equally to members of congress the same as the rest of the folks. Shoot, now I could go on and on. No lifetime salary benefits, no secret service, same healthcare as everyone else, etc. I'll stop for now.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 06-26-2015 at 06:26 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A few of many thoughts.

1) Limit of 2 terms for any elected politician (federal state local) in a lifetime. The salaries for those positions are to be the average for those areas they serve. No lifetime benefits .Convictions for corruption carry a mandatory 5 years per offense with no parole/probation options. See change 4.

B) Much more weight behind the 10th amendment. Before the Feds can pass a law they must point to the part of the constitution that gives them and not the state the right to handle the matter. Without exception they are held to the same laws as the rest of us.

3) Our Constitution and the Pledge of Allegiance are taught in school. Reading of the Federalists Papers is a required high school course.

4) No special prisons for the politicians/the rich/hollywood. You take yours lumps just like everyone else who screws up. The internet/cable tv and a sex change are not a right. Reading of a real newspaper is encouraged. You may have and are encouraged to have a Bible. The Koran, I don't think so. All prisoners will become farmers. They will feed themselves and the less fortunate. They can trade vegetables for meat.

E) After graduation from high school you will serve 2 years in military service. Hopefully the branch you want but, that isn't guaranteed. You will learn to defend yourselves, your family and your country.

6) The government may not create "agencies" without a vote of the people.

7) Desecration of the flag will get you 10 minutes in a room with 1ea. at the same time Marine, Soldier, Seaman and Airman + a 5 year sentence should you leave the room alive. See change 4

For these and other tweaks remember vote Quip 2016.
    To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

PaulS, you make a most important point:

"Overall we need actionable redress for corruption with penalties that are severe enough to negate any gain that might tempt officials."

Without enforcement of constitutional law, regardless of whatever document we create, we end up right back where we are now.
    Last edited by sideKahr; 06-26-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    Prepared One, Slippy and Arklatex like this.

One thing is that no politician can "retire" and take the political war chest with them. Forbid elected officials to exempt themselves from laws others are subject to or create special privileges for themselves. Just a couple of thoughts. I am trying to think how to automatically impeach any judge that creates or writes laws as opposed to limiting themselves to only interpreting and executing existing law.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

The 17th Amendment needs to be repealed
    Once a person is voted president no other member of his family is eligible to be president for 100 years.
    Term limits for elected federal or state public office is limited to 10 years in a lifetime.
    No lifetime benifits for elected officials
    Recall elections for any elected member of congress
    Impeachment of elected or appointed (judge) carries a minimum sentence of 10 years in military prison.
    No government may tax the labor of its citizens
    No paid presidential advisors beyond the cabinet members
    Ethics violations for elected officials = automatic expulsion from office and a 2 year sentence in the home state pen
    Abolish all federal law enforcement agencies

Just a few thoughts.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

I like the idea of starting back from the original and progressing from there. Unfortunately, unless you were using a time machine,, you wouldn't know the forthcoming calamity. However the game plays out....just keep God as the foundation.
    I Am Spartacus

I see no issue with the current set of documents.
    I do see issues with most every law we have.
    if it's not in the constitution, or bill of rights, we don't need it. Simple.
    As a people we need to stand up to the government and take control back. No federal position was intended to be full time, or well paid.
    governers governed because they were knowledgeable and competent, and because they represented the people as a whole instead of the small groups with money and campaign contributions.
    I would add one thing. Any member of government that acts in favor of a campaign contributor, that is not aligned with the desires of the people he or she represents, is immediately removed from office.
    Actually, any official who acts against the people, period.
    James m likes this.
    Hidden Content

My accommodation of your incompetence does not make you right.

On the way home, I caught the best show on the radio.
    If you've not heard of Mark Levin, you NEED TO.
    He's proposed a way to correct the problems we're struggling with.
    He spent a year trying to come up with the solution to a country out of control, a court writing law, a president leading by edict, and a congress unwilling to right itself.
    He turned to the founders.
    He went through the constitution and found what he thinks is the answer, and I agree with him. Article 5 provides a method for amending the constitution that doesn't involve the congress or the president.
    State conventions. These gatherings can be used to propose amendments to the constitution that must be ratified by 3/4 of the state legislatures. He came up with a list of amendments that should be proposed. They wrestle power from the federal government and put it back in the hands of the states and the people.
    They provide for a method of the states to overrule federal laws AND even Supreme Court decisions. He considers completely unfair that a single swing vote can determine what is and is not constitutional, and I agree.

Below are the summaries of the amendments he's proposed:

1. Establish twelve-year term limits for members of Congress and the Supreme Court;
    2. Repeal the 17th Amendment, returning the election of Senators to state legislatures;
    3. Allow either Congress or the states to overturn a Supreme Court decision within 24 months with a three fifths vote of the members of both houses or the states;
    4. Require a federal budget to be enacted by May or impose an automatic across-the-board 5 percent cut, and the budget may not exceed total tax receipts or 17.5 percent of GDP;
    5. Place a 15 percent limit on the amount of income taxes collected from natural and legal persons, change the tax-return filing date to the day before federal elections, and ban federal estate, value-added, or sales taxes;
    6. Require every federal agency to be reauthorized every three years in a stand-alone bill or else expire, and require a seven-member House committee to approve all regulations with an economic burden greater than $100 million within six months or cancel implementation of the regulation;
    7. Limit the Commerce Clause to preventing states from impeding commerce and trade between the states, and specify that it does not extend to activity within states (whether or not it affects interstate commerce) or to compelling an individual to participate in commerce;
    8. Extend the protection against seizure of private property to require compensation for regulations that reduce market value or interfere with the use of property in an amount exceeding $10,000;
    9. Change Article V so that any constitutional amendment, proposed by anyone, will be adopted if it is ratified by two thirds of the states;
    10. Require a 30-day waiting period between agreement upon the final version of any congressional bill (engrossment) and the final vote to approve it, and allow three fifths of the states to override any federal statute or any federal regulation with a cost exceeding $100 million within 24 months of passage or approval;
    11. Require valid photo ID and proof of citizenship to register and vote in all federal elections, in person or by mail, and limit early voting to 30 days before the election (except for active-duty military personnel).

Now, the argument is often made, "If they don't follow the constitution now, why would they follow any of these".
    The beauty of these amendments is, it removes the government from the equation if they don't play well under the new rules. The states just take the role and keep on moving.

We don't necessarily have to start over. We just need the right people to stand up and take the lead to fix it.
    Last edited by Kauboy; 06-28-2015 at 07:16 AM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links