iPhone Emergency Broadcast update being removed by Apple
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on iPhone Emergency Broadcast update being removed by Apple within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Check your phones for updates. Someone on another forum showed his phone was about to update turning emergency broadcast function OFF, or removing it. I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: iPhone Emergency Broadcast update being removed by Apple

Check your phones for updates. Someone on another forum showed his phone was about to update turning emergency broadcast function OFF, or removing it.
    I am not trying to freak people out, but the last few days have been strange to say the least, especially with big tech censorship
    Annie, KUSA, Denton and 1 others like this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Check your phones for updates. Someone on another forum showed his phone was about to update turning emergency broadcast function OFF, or removing it.
    I am not trying to freak people out, but the last few days have been strange to say the least, especially with big tech censorship
    THe only smart phone I have is my work cell (which does not belong to me) and they can shut that all the way off if they want to. My life would get easier!!
    Annie, Slippy and SOCOM42 like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    THe only smart phone I have is my work cell (which does not belong to me) and they can shut that all the way off if they want to. My life would get easier!!
    "Confusion is the guardian of truth."--Vincent Frankini, Tumblar House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

I just looked.
    Amber Alert, Emergency Broadcast Alert, and Public Safety Alert are all capable of being turned on or off by the I phone owner.
    I have all three turned on.
    KUSA and Denton like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

On the iPhone, go to settings, then notifications, scroll all the way down and make sure the emergency alerts are turned on. If you are interested in hearing them that is.
    inceptor likes this.

Presidential Alerts should not be able to be turned off..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone Emergency Broadcast update being removed by Apple-emergency.jpg  

KUSA, MountainGirl and inceptor like this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Verizon is pushing an update out today (at least on Samsung phones in my area). My wife let her phone update this morning and it didn't change any of her alert settings. I'm going to wait a few days ...just in case.
    KUSA likes this.

Presidential Alerts should not be able to be turned off..
    Trump's new twitter.
    SGG likes this.
    Ready. You?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Trump's new twitter.
    Didnt mean it to be funny, as its been like that for years, because of what the Emergency reporting is for..
    MountainGirl likes this.

Didnt mean it to be funny, as its been like that for years, because of what the Emergency reporting is for..
    I know, and there is nothing funny whatsoever about any of this.
    Ready. You?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links