Is it time for a third party?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Is it time for a third party? within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; I shudder at the thought of opening a European style can of worms. But I wonder if now isn't a good time to start a ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Is it time for a third party?

I shudder at the thought of opening a European style can of worms. But I wonder if now isn't a good time to start a third party.

I vaguely remember the Tea party but I don't remember the details and don't remember why it failed. Could something like that be resurrected?
    Slippy, RedLion and ActionJackson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NMPRN View Post
    I shudder at the thought of opening a European style can of worms. But I wonder if now isn't a good time to start a third party.

I vaguely remember the Tea party but I don't remember the details and don't remember why it failed. Could something like that be resurrected?
    Part of its failure was because Obama instructed the IRS to go after it and other conservative groups. Search "Lois Lerner".

I wouldn't mind seeing Trump take the helm of the Libertarian Party. Already a national structure in place.
    Ready. You?

The Good Cop

There has been a third party for many years.
    Libertarian.
    They espouse many things I embrace. Very limited government. Personal freedom.
    And more.
    Traditionally they do best at local/state levels.
    The parties of big government control of our lives, the Democrat and Republican, have convinced the general public that Libertarians are crazy.
    That has hampered them at the national level. They have had a candidate in every presidential election for decades, but are not even allowed on the debate stage.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I third political party will not get enough traction to gain ground in this political climate.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I third political party will not get enough traction to gain ground in this political climate.
    It might if Trump was their candidate. Maybe that's part of the reason Rs & Ds are still so afraid of him.
    Especially if 71 million keep following him.
    KUSA, stevekozak, RedLion and 1 others like this.
    Ready. You?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    It might if Trump was their candidate. Maybe that's part of the reason Rs & Ds are still so afraid of him.
    Especially if 71 million keep following him.
    If Trump led the Liberation party they would be banned from all media and not allowed to be heard in any form or fashion. We will not get through this by voting.
    Prepared One, Robie and Michael_Js like this.

I think a lot of folks have been so disappointed with the Republican party the last few days that they'd be open to options.

...of course, a third party would just split the conservative vote.
    hawgrider, Trihonda and Michael_Js like this.

Name:  download (43).jpg
Views: 27
Size:  25.6 KB

Name:  b80d3b7eb8e7e92eec7148b28bbb0f2a.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  58.4 KB
    “Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    If Trump led the Liberation party they would be banned from all media and not allowed to be heard in any form or fashion. We will not get through this by voting.
    Agreed. Trump is no longer politically viable.
    Annie and A Watchman like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Newsmax. Parler. MeWe.
    Get outta Google too: DuckDuckGo. Protonmail.
    NMPRN likes this.
    Ready. You?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links