Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead

This is a discussion on Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy Article II, Section 2 is pretty clear on the fact that the President selects the Judges of the supreme Court and ...

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree572Likes

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Article II, Section 2 is pretty clear on the fact that the President selects the Judges of the supreme Court and the Senate approves. Pretty simple actually.

Section. 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.
    No one is saying the Republicans don't have the Constitutional authority to confirm now. But did you not read what all these Republican Senator's stated about making this selection during an election year? Do you not think a man's word matters? If it was to close to the election to even discuss Obama's selection, then is it not WAY to close to discuss Trump's?

Sorry, I'm a simple man. I expect a man to keep his word. I don't expect much out of our worthless politicians... but at a minimum I expect them to keep their word. My point is, if they continue with this, the Republicans will lose big in the coming election. You are just gifting Democrats with a MAJOR talking point. And mark my word, if the Democrats gain control because of this, this new Justice's voice will be muted because we will see more than 9 Supreme Court Justices in the future.
    OrneryOldBat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    No one is saying the Republicans don't have the Constitutional authority to confirm now. But did you not read what all these Republican Senator's stated about making this selection during an election year? Do you not think a man's word matters? If it was to close to the election to even discuss Obama's selection, then is it not WAY to close to discuss Trump's?

Sorry, I'm a simple man. I expect a man to keep his word. I don't expect much out of our worthless politicians... but at a minimum I expect them to keep their word. My point is, if they continue with this, the Republicans will lose big in the coming election. You are just gifting Democrats with a MAJOR talking point. And mark my word, if the Democrats gain control because of this, this new Justice's voice will be muted because we will see more than 9 Supreme Court Justices in the future.
    If their word mattered, there would not be any RINOs in the House or Senate.

It is setting up just as I suspected, the Demonrats are screaming we should wait till after the election using the same argument we made with Oblunders supreme choice. You can make all the arguments you want about fair play and payback being a bitch all you want, but does anyone not think that if the Demonrats were in the same position they wouldn't shove it up our collective asses with a grin? Remember Oblunder care anyone? They wouldn't hesitate and everyone knows it.

I say nominate and get it done. There is a fight coming one way or the other, might as well get the ducks in a row before the shooting starts.

That perfect storm? Got a little more perfect yesterday.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 09-19-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

And yet you and millions of others vote again and again for these lying sons of bitches.
    Last edited by Slippy; 09-19-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but you are not actually a conservative are you?
    And you think Trump is conservative?

I'm too complex a person to fit any label. I voted for Trump. I likewise voted for Reagan & was proud he was my Commander in Chief. I think the Constitution is the best document ever written by man. I believe we should have a balanced budget. I believe the 2nd Amendment guarantees us the right to have as many damn guns as we wish. I believe in personal freedom & personal responsibility. I believe in the smallest federal government possible. I believe the people have a right & a responsibility to protest their government. I believe the people have a right to protect their property from demonstrators that wish to do harm or damage. I am a Christian that believes I'm not equipped to judge other's sin but am equipped to love all... regardless of race, sexual preference or whatever. I could care less who someone loves because it is none of my business what someone else does in their private life. I believe someone should be a positive in the world... make the world better not worse. I believe a man's word is his bond.

I could go on & on. So you just go on and group people into whatever groups you want. The only labels that mean anything to me are Christian, Husband, Father & American.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The Republicans will not have the necessary 51 votes.
    Romney will do anything to screw Trump.

I heard this morning that at the moment Trump can only count on 48.
    Actually only need 50 with Pence being the tie breaker. It is a plus that it is an election year, as I see extra pressure on GOP Senators up for election in November to vote yes. Of course if some rinos do not, it is only much more obvious evidence that they need to be booted from office in favor of true conservatives.

And yet you and millions of others vote again and again for these lying sons of bitches.
    Yes, because our system is flawed in this case & needs to be fixed. We need term limits on all politicians.

Breaking your word to the American people will come with a price. You watch.
    Slippy, SOCOM42 and OrneryOldBat like this.

The current situation is not like Obama with the Garland nomination in 2016. That was a GOP Senate and Commie POTUS ending his second term. We currently have a GOP Senate and a GOPish POTUS finishing his first term. Also consider that Trump is in office until 1/20/21 regardless with the same Senate, so "waiting until after the election" is only politics.

Yes, because our system is flawed in this case & needs to be fixed. We need term limits on all politicians.

Breaking your word to the American people will come with a price. You watch.
    And the price will be paid by We The People, always have and always will. These lying bastards have been hosing We The People for decades with their corruption. Sadly, We The People have the power and refuse to use it because "security" is more highly sought after than Liberty.

FUBAR isn't it?

Muttkowski has Alaskans snookered.

Twit's selling point in Utah is he's Mormon, he's sure not conservative. He's left of what used to be a Democrat.

John Boner and Paul RyNO were TERRIBLE US house speakers. Well who supported them.....? Not only with votes to be elected, but to become speakers!

The damm RyNO stifled everything that could have been accomplished when there was control of BOTH houses.
    Slippy, SOCOM42 and stevekozak like this.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links