Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead

This is a discussion on Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Trump should just wait until January to appoint the next Justice. Whats the hurry ? If Biden wins, the country will be in the toilet, ...

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree572Likes

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead

Trump should just wait until January to appoint the next Justice. Whats the hurry ?

If Biden wins, the country will be in the toilet, so it won't matter.

I would think that if Trump takes the high road and says the next POTUS should do the appointment, a lot of undecideds may go his way
    and the Demonrats will have nothing to bitch about
    Redneck and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri.14 View Post
    Trump should just wait until January to appoint the next Justice. Whats the hurry ?

If Biden wins, the country will be in the toilet, so it won't matter.

I would think that if Trump takes the high road and says the next POTUS should do the appointment, a lot of undecideds may go his way
    and the Demonrats will have nothing to bitch about
    You do not understand democrats at all.
    Robie, Chiefster23, KUSA and 6 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

President Trump needs to get an appointment out, and get him/her on the court.
    We do not want a split court to decide the election.
    Remember-- Roberts gave us Obama care

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Republicans say that with a presidential election so close, they wouldn't vote on Obama's pick? They stated we should first let the election happen so that the "people" could decide. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Republicans then change the rules so that a justice could be approved with a simple majority?

Of course all politicians are lying scumbags, so I don't doubt the Republicans will try to get their pick approved before the election. But here is the rub. Because of all these changes by the Republicans, there are more changes that can come... especially if the Republicans lose the Senate & the presidency. Once again correct me if I'm wrong, but if that happens, can't the Democrats then add more justices to the court so that they can build their own majority? So even if the Republicans push thru a nominee, which I personally think would cause more Senate seats to go Democrat because of the obvious hypocrisy, the Democrats could change the structure of the court and still get their majority.

Sorry I'm no expert on these matters, so I'm asking questions. Just saying, I think this could turn out really strange in the next year or so if my questions are correct. Hell I think the Democrats may change the structure even if no one gets approved before the election. Dirty tricks by the Republicans will come back to haunt them I'm afraid. Remember, payback is a bitch. Changing to a simple majority had some great short term benefits but that same change can cause great harm. May not happen this election cycle, depending on how the elections go, but this will come up sooner or later I'm afraid.
    I agree on the dirty tricks. That was the first thing I thought of. Goose meet Gander. The election is going to be insane.
    Working on my manifesto.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Republicans say that with a presidential election so close, they wouldn't vote on Obama's pick? They stated we should first let the election happen so that the "people" could decide. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Republicans then change the rules so that a justice could be approved with a simple majority?

Of course all politicians are lying scumbags, so I don't doubt the Republicans will try to get their pick approved before the election. But here is the rub. Because of all these changes by the Republicans, there are more changes that can come... especially if the Republicans lose the Senate & the presidency. Once again correct me if I'm wrong, but if that happens, can't the Democrats then add more justices to the court so that they can build their own majority? So even if the Republicans push thru a nominee, which I personally think would cause more Senate seats to go Democrat because of the obvious hypocrisy, the Democrats could change the structure of the court and still get their majority.

Sorry I'm no expert on these matters, so I'm asking questions. Just saying, I think this could turn out really strange in the next year or so if my questions are correct. Hell I think the Democrats may change the structure even if no one gets approved before the election. Dirty tricks by the Republicans will come back to haunt them I'm afraid. Remember, payback is a bitch. Changing to a simple majority had some great short term benefits but that same change can cause great harm. May not happen this election cycle, depending on how the elections go, but this will come up sooner or later I'm afraid.
    Remember it was the democrats that changed the rules. Once you change the rules you must live by them. Unless you are a democrat. Democrats can thank them self if trump get an appointment in the seat
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Article II, Section 2 is pretty clear on the fact that the President selects the Judges of the supreme Court and the Senate approves. Pretty simple actually.

Section. 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.
    Michael_Js and stevekozak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Historic rates means nothing. They could have been voting on one a week until all were filled they could have filled them much sooner. You will not sell me on McConnel being a hero he . His weakness and failures will cost us all. It appears that 3 members of the Senate are already jumping ship on any Supreme court pick by Trump.
    It means a lot. Filling as many openings with conservative justices is likely more important than anything else Trump or McConnel can do.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    RIGHT! Look what they did to justice Cavanaugh.

Me To movement, every woman must be believed!

Then when it comes to their side, Ho Hum.
    Yeah, they are fielding a Presidential candidate that doubtlessly has molested children. Evil people. Evil evil people!!!
    SOCOM42 and Michael_Js like this.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are not actually a conservative are you?

The Good Cop

The Republicans will not have the necessary 51 votes.
    Romney will do anything to screw Trump.

I heard this morning that at the moment Trump can only count on 48.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links