NFL to play "black national anthem" before week one games - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NFL to play "black national anthem" before week one games

This is a discussion on NFL to play "black national anthem" before week one games within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by patrioteer Same, about 5 years ago. We had a financial assessment done and learned that the average American was spending $2,800 a ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: NFL to play "black national anthem" before week one games

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    Same, about 5 years ago. We had a financial assessment done and learned that the average American was spending $2,800 a year on cable/sat TV. If you think about that over say 50 years, not including inflation, you're talking $140,000! That's almost what I paid for my house. And when I paid off my mortgage I owned the house.
    I got a HUGE old channel master antenna for free. I had to replace a few elements and repaint the tripod mount and mast (~ $15). Got a new hi-gain channel master pre-amp ($50).

There is enough channels (~30) that I can watch an old movie or reruns of classics (gunsmoke, rawhide, wanted dead or alive, 12 o'clock high, twilight zone, perry mason, andy griffith, ....). The networks seldom get any play time. I can stomach a few PBS programs (woodwrights shop, craftsmans legacy, nova/nature sometimes), but most make me want to vomit.

The reception is from 50-60 miles away, in hills/small mountains.

That was 14 years ago. I figure I've saved ~ $1000.
    0rocky, patrioteer and Denton like this.

They should change the anthem to Taps. It would be more appropriate.

New York Finger Lakes. Where real New Yorkers live.
    I’m out for NFL week 1 for sure. After that, it depends on wether they continue to attempt to divide our nation...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I love football!!! But now I am done. I will spend not another thin dime on merchandise, I will watch not the first snap and I will purchase not the first ticket ever again. The NFL may bid me adue. Roger Gudell sealed their fate by apologizing on my behalf and saying "We were wrong." I wasn't!
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

The Good Cop

I sure hope someone has enough back bone to kneel during the "black national anthem".
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I sure hope someone has enough back bone to kneel during the "black national anthem".
    Not gonna happen but it sure would be fun to watch the highlights. Both teams would go full on the person/people doing it and the MSM would blow a gasket.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 46rkl View Post
    I’m out for NFL week 1 for sure. After that, it depends on wether they continue to attempt to divide our nation...
    They’re made it clear what side they’re on. There’s nothing more to know, even after week one. No reason to boost their cable ratings or buying their merchandise.

Professional sports is a silly luxury and nothing else.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    They’re made it clear what side they’re on. There’s nothing more to know, even after week one. No reason to boost their cable ratings or buying their merchandise.

Professional sports is a silly luxury and nothing else.
    Oh it is so much more. It has joined with public education as an indoctrination tool .
    A Watchman and Denton like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I hate that something I love is being turned into something to divide the country by the media. Deer season may end up being the only season to look forward too this fall/winter.
    Denton likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    I hate that something I love is being turned into something to divide the country by the media. Deer season may end up being the only season to look forward too this fall/winter.
    This may sound far-fetched but, oh well....

I've always viewed professional sports, especially football, like the gladiatorial games in the Roman empire.

One of the reasons those games were held was to keep the population occupied. The games were a very big deal in ancient Rome. Gladiators were the equivalent of our modern athletes today.

People had their favorites, gambled on outcomes, etc. In short, because of the games, their minds were kept occupied; they weren't complaining about politics, livings conditions, etc, etc. The games (sponsored by politicians to a great degree) kept the population quiet and content.

It used to serve the same purpose today, in modern times. It's a chance to get away from all the growing BS that we read and hear on a daily basis. Lately, that has changed. It's not going to be a change for the good either. John Q, who wants nothing more than to "get away" from life for a few hours each weekend is pissed. As stated above....what to do...what to look forward to?

Take that away....don't keep John Q occupied with what he has known, looked forward to and loved all his life...and you have a couple million John Q's stewing and getting angry.

IMO, this is probably a bigger deal than what casually meets the eye.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links