Protests Cause Surge in Coronavirus Cases
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Protests Cause Surge in Coronavirus Cases within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Who could have seen this coming? I mean, who would have thought you could catch a virus at a protest, where everyone there is so ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Protests Cause Surge in Coronavirus Cases

Who could have seen this coming? I mean, who would have thought you could catch a virus at a protest, where everyone there is so virtuous? Is there no justice?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-lives-matter/

Here in Washington, King Jay has decreed that everyone shall wear masks in public. I'm sorry, but after weeks of allowing these protests, I just won't. I don't see how me not wearing a mask in a county that has had three cases is a huge public health risk.

Talked to my daughter in Tempe, she and her boyfriend never go out unless necessary. She gets mad cause she sees so many folks out socializing.

Glad there's no rioting there, 3 years ago she was living in the twin cities, mn.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 06-30-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    A wise man never argues with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Who could have seen this coming? I mean, who would have thought you could catch a virus at a protest, where everyone there is so virtuous? Is there no justice?

Here in Washington, King Jay has decreed that everyone shall wear masks in public. I'm sorry, but after weeks of allowing these protests, I just won't. I don't see how me not wearing a mask in a county that has had three cases is a huge public health risk.
    Maybe the struggle against tyranny is bipartisan? Look deeper.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

not intended to be racist >>> but the Virus numbers were up thru the roof ^^^^^^^^ in the black communities and especially in the ghetto - you had and still have all kinds of crossing over at these protest events between social-economic people - don't be too surprised if the outbreaks have some crazy damn numbers & patterns of spread ....
    Michael_Js and Mad Trapper like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post

Yeah well, even in this area there are some who don't wear masks either and I'm sure they aren't in the 'exempt' category. Myself being one of them.

I do carry 2 masks in my purse. One is a 'nice' mask for when I have to go to an establishment or business and they have it clearly posted a mask is required inside. The other mask is for when it's not clearly posted and/or someone either employee or another customer gives me sit about not wearing one. It says 'kiss my ass' on it. So far, I haven't worn it and only one place has required a mask and I respect that business enough to wear the nice mask.. Other than that, I haven't. I just keep my distance and that's fine with me.

If you consider all those who do wear masks are supposedly protected, right? then the only ones not are those who don't wear a mask...….well what I'm trying to say here is this....if in a room of 10 people and 9 of them are wearing, the only possible risk is the one that doesn't.

As far as I'm concerned, turn their words back on them...….My body, my choice, right???

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    Maybe the struggle against tyranny is bipartisan? Look deeper.
    Just what are you trying to say here?

Just asking cause we are a Democratic state, unfortunately......though with all this crap been going on the last several months, the people may finally be leaning toward the Right. And especially since many of those Democrats currently in power are basically eating their own.

Seattle city council member Sawant had been encouraging the protests & rioting and helped CHOP get established in the first place. Olympia Mayor now calls BLM 'domestic terrorists' and Seattle Mayor Durkin wants the council to investigate & file charges against Sawant.

Funny thing is both Olympia & Seattle mayors are now standing up about all this crap because the protests came to their front doors of their private homes (but didn't seem to care as long as it was regular citizens homes)

I'd venture a guess, there's a lot more in fighting going on in this states politics than what's being reported on.
    Michael_Js and inceptor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut View Post
    Yeah well, even in this area there are some who don't wear masks either and I'm sure they aren't in the 'exempt' category. Myself being one of them.

I do carry 2 masks in my purse. One is a 'nice' mask for when I have to go to an establishment or business and they have it clearly posted a mask is required inside. The other mask is for when it's not clearly posted and/or someone either employee or another customer gives me sit about not wearing one. It says 'kiss my ass' on it. So far, I haven't worn it and only one place has required a mask and I respect that business enough to wear the nice mask.. Other than that, I haven't. I just keep my distance and that's fine with me.

If you consider all those who do wear masks are supposedly protected, right? then the only ones not are those who don't wear a mask...….well what I'm trying to say here is this....if in a room of 10 people and 9 of them are wearing, the only possible risk is the one that doesn't.

As far as I'm concerned, turn their words back on them...….My body, my choice, right???
    a non-surgical mask is to protect others from you, not you from them. if everyone kept their germs, virus' or other bad stuff to themselves then it is tough for this thing to spread right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatnlow View Post
    a non-surgical mask is to protect others from you, not you from them. if everyone kept their germs, virus' or other bad stuff to themselves then it is tough for this thing to spread right?
    But they say social distancing works. So I need to wear a mask even if I'm roughly 10' away from people?

Why not just issue full hazmat suits to the public and not worry about it? They could put tank replacements about every block or two.
    JustAnotherNut likes this.

It is the elderly and infirm most likely to suffer the severe effects of the China virus. This population implementing a cautious approach makes sense. To make everyone else conform in the same manner does not. One size as we all know never fits all. Hand washing and common sense play a huge role. Our problem is many have no common sense.

Government has no issues with protesters wearing or not wearing masks. It became an issue with increased positive from increased testing to be used as a political weapon. So far have I have yet to see numbers showing deaths skyrocketing. I do believe totals given by government of pandemic death are inflated. IMHO by a factor of 4 times more than actually occurred. JMHO. When you give hospitals 39k for every covid death, there is a huge incentive to list any death that way.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    It’s funny watching someone wear a mask while in their car..alone. Or walking, alone not even close to another person. It’s called virtue signaling.

And to answer the question, no, masks alone will not stop the virus. It will fade, mutate or vaccine or a combination of it all.
    Michael_Js and JustAnotherNut like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links