Protests Cause Surge in Coronavirus Cases - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Protests Cause Surge in Coronavirus Cases

This is a discussion on Protests Cause Surge in Coronavirus Cases within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut I would be more inclined to wear a mask if...…. 1. the virus turned us into brain sucking zombies 2. the ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Protests Cause Surge in Coronavirus Cases

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherNut View Post
    I would be more inclined to wear a mask if...….

1. the virus turned us into brain sucking zombies
    2. the 'experts' didn't keep changing their stories
    3. Everyone wasn't being forced to stay home & lose their jobs, on the off chance they MIGHT get sick.
    4. political parties weren't pointing fingers at the other side in blame for a virus that came from CHINA (not mentioning any names here, but we all know the who's who)
    5. States didn't call the National Guard 'to help you protect yourself'
    6. At first demand everyone be subject to 'Contact Tracing'...…..that all of a sudden isn't talked about anymore. Just poof, like a fart in the wind

I'm sure there's more ridiculousness, but the point is made.
    Remember the models those "experts" created back in late February and early March that said we are all dead now? So obviously, this whole conversation is just a figment of your demented imagination.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Remember the models those "experts" created back in late February and early March that said we are all dead now? So obviously, this whole conversation is just a figment of your demented imagination.
    well thank you sir
    Inor and rice paddy daddy like this.

Banned

Asymptomatic people can still spread the virus, especially if they aren't wearing masks. That is really the whole point of everyone wearing masks to slow down the spread. Also, while wearing a mask is widely acknowledged as beneficial, it isn't a 100-percent guarantee to not contract the virus. There other ways outside the mouth and nose where the virus can be contracted, such as eye membranes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vera Hara View Post
    Asymptomatic people can still spread the virus, especially if they aren't wearing masks. That is really the whole point of everyone wearing masks to slow down the spread. Also, while wearing a mask is widely acknowledged as beneficial, it isn't a 100-percent guarantee to not contract the virus. There other ways outside the mouth and nose where the virus can be contracted, such as eye membranes.
    While I am by no means a medical expert, DR or scientist, I do respect your opinion of how you chose to live your life. It's ok if you want to wear a mask or jump thru any other hoops those in authoritative power choose to throw at you, by all means, be my guest.

But I don't think you quite understand that just because I chose not to wear a mask, FOR THE MOST PART...….doesn't mean I won't. As I believe I've said previously, I do carry 2 masks with me at all times. That if the place I need to go requires me to wear one in order to do business and it's clearly posted, I will put on the 'nice' mask. IF it's not posted and someone demands it, then I have the choice of either leaving or I'll wear the snarky mask.

Also, even though I chose not to wear a mask 'just because' my idiot governor said so.....I do keep my distance if & when I go out. Which is rare anyway. And because I've worked as a Caregiver and Child care and food handling, and numerous other jobs, I wash my hands probably more often than most DRs.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Banned

While I am by no means a medical expert, DR or scientist, I do respect your opinion of how you chose to live your life. It's ok if you want to wear a mask or jump thru any other hoops those in authoritative power choose to throw at you, by all means, be my guest.
    I'm not jumping through any hoops for authoritative powers. I'm choose to wear a mask to protect myself and others because I believe it aligns with civic duty, protecting public health, and is helpful toward combating the spread of the virus. I'm actually looking forward to some sense of normalcy moving forward. Plenty of scientific evidence exists that shows wearing a mask has been extraordinarily beneficial to flatting the curve in many countries outside of the U.S., and many areas within it that are now seeing very low positive test rates, despite more tests being conducted than ever before.

But I don't think you quite understand that just because I chose not to wear a mask, FOR THE MOST PART...….doesn't mean I won't.
    You shouldn't have to be told to wear a mask to understand the benefits of doing so. You are on record saying you will wear a mask when it is required of you at a place of business or if you "feel like" pulling out the rude mask. Why even have a rude mask? What point are you trying to prove?

As I believe I've said previously, I do carry 2 masks with me at all times. That if the place I need to go requires me to wear one in order to do business and it's clearly posted, I will put on the 'nice' mask. IF it's not posted and someone demands it, then I have the choice of either leaving or I'll wear the snarky mask.
    There is absolutely no need for a snarky mask.

Also, even though I chose not to wear a mask 'just because' my idiot governor said so.....I do keep my distance if & when I go out. Which is rare anyway. And because I've worked as a Caregiver and Child care and food handling, and numerous other jobs, I wash my hands probably more often than most DRs.
    Social distancing is good, but wearing a mask is arguably (based on evidence and suggested by most epidemiologist and disease experts) is the best way to combat the virus. Choosing not to wear a mask because your governor said to doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm not jumping through any hoops for authoritative powers. I'm choose to wear a mask to protect myself and others because I believe it aligns with civic duty, protecting public health, and is helpful toward combating the spread of the virus. I'm actually looking forward to some sense of normalcy moving forward. Plenty of scientific evidence exists that shows wearing a mask has been extraordinarily beneficial to flatting the curve in many countries outside of the U.S., and many areas within it that are now seeing very low positive test rates, despite more tests being conducted than ever before.

You shouldn't have to be told to wear a mask to understand the benefits of doing so. You are on record saying you will wear a mask when it is required of you at a place of business or if you "feel like" pulling out the rude mask. Why even have a rude mask? What point are you trying to prove?

There is absolutely no need for a snarky mask.

Social distancing is good, but wearing a mask is arguably (based on evidence and suggested by most epidemiologist and disease experts) is the best way to combat the virus. Choosing not to wear a mask because your governor said to doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    and to each their own. I have no desire to argue with you or to fully explain myself...….so can we just agree to disagree?
    Michael_Js likes this.

Banned

and to each their own. I have no desire to argue with you or to fully explain myself...….so can we just agree to disagree?
    Except this really isn't a "to each their own" moment in history. The faster the virus curve is flatted, the quicker things can get back to normal. You know what will be extremely helpful to speeding up the normalcy process? Wearing a mask and adhering to social distancing guidelines. I'm happy to be a part of the solution. If you choose not to be, that's too bad. Godspeed.

The Good Cop

Except this really isn't a "to each their own" moment in history. The faster the virus curve is flatted, the quicker things can get back to normal. You know what will be extremely helpful to speeding up the normalcy process? Wearing a mask and adhering to social distancing guidelines. I'm happy to be a part of the solution. If you choose not to be, that's too bad. Godspeed.
    You can just line up with the rest of the sheep and take your government vaccine shot. You trust your government, don’t you?

As for me - my body, my choice.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

I'm sure you've read that wearing a mask lowers your oxygen intake and increases the carbon dioxide intake.

"Flatten the curve?" Funny, how Faucci's words become Gospel. Are we allowed to take off the masks and act normally when the curve is "flattened?" OIf course not, as the curve will rise as soon as we go back to normal. Such is the way of a virus.What are we to do? Run in fear until the election?
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I'm sure you've read that wearing a mask lowers your oxygen intake and increases the carbon dioxide intake.

"Flatten the curve?" Funny, how Faucci's words become Gospel. Are we allowed to take off the masks and act normally when the curve is "flattened?" OIf course not, as the curve will rise as soon as we go back to normal. Such is the way of a virus.What are we to do? Run in fear until the election?
    Noooo, you only take off the mask when the camera is off
    Denton, Inor and hawgrider like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links