Is this legal? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is this legal?

This is a discussion on Is this legal? within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; government tells businesses to force mask uses or risk losing license business says mask required businesses can require mask use for you to enter their ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Is this legal?

government tells businesses to force mask uses or risk losing license

business says mask required

businesses can require mask use for you to enter their PRIVATE business

businesses can refuse to force mask use... they risk losing license

people can refuse to wear mask they could be arrested for trespass if they enter a private business without a license
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Yeah, I'm a little sensitive to Flip Flops. Funny story...(to me, Mrs S shakes her head at me about this story) so here goes.

When I was 8 or 9 years old, an old water tank fell on my foot and crushed one of my toes. My poor old Mom was devasted but it healed, sort of, but the toe was jacked up pretty good. I never really though much about it until 50 years or so later. The dang toe was just getting more and more arthritic and hurt all the time.

So one day I was getting a cortisone for some arthritis in my ankle and Mrs Slippy was with me and she jokingly asked my Orthopedic surgeon if they could cut off my toe. My doc ( a female doc) said yes, it wouldn't bother me at all.

I said WHOA, ya'll crazy ass women are conspiring against me to cut off my freakin toe! What's wrong with you women?

So I thought about it and the fact that this damn toe always hurt, I set an appointment and that damn Bone Collector Doc cut that sumbitch toe clear the EFF OFF! No shit!

So now I got 9 toes now and Flip Flops always catch my eye for some reason...
    Pictures or it didnít happen.
    Slippy and StratMaster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 46rkl View Post
    While Iím certainly not a fall in line and follow orders type, my take on masks is this, if my wearing a mask helps protect someone else from getting ill, then why wouldnít I do that? I may be infected and asymptotic (highly doubtful) so a simple, minor inconvenience for me may save someoneís life. Iím good with that. To me, itís not about someone trying to order me to do something, itís just something that I can do to the possible benefit of others. Iím hoping that those who choose not to wear a mask will keep the F* away from me and if not, Iíll keep away from them.
    Private businesses have every right to require (or not) just about anything of their customers. If I donít like it, I can go somewhere else. No complaining, itís their business and their choice. I donít appreciate politicians mandating such things but I also donít think that itís the worst thing that can happen. Lots more important battles to fight , in my opinion.
    Stay safe all.
    many studies show that mask are likely making people sick and they do nothing to prevent the spread . So who is right? Look at the agenda of those pushing masks. Funny how you see them most often not wearing them unless the camera id rolling.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

It shouldn't have ever gotten to the point where it became a politicized issue. Most medical experts agree there are benefits to wearing masks and adhering to other social distancing policies outlined. The potential positives outweigh the negatives long-term (without use) for all of society. For me, it is hardly an inconvenience to protect myself and most importantlyóvulnerable populations at higher risk of contracting the virus. I've limited myself to doing one weekly errand run and that takes about 90-minutes total.

A lot of citizens in other countries do this without questioning the medical community. They realize that one of the best communal health policies is being proactive and doing what you can on an individual level to help others. And guess what? In those places the curves have been flattened and the positive test rates are down significantly.

If you are going to go out and public please do the right thing and wear a mask. It really isn't too much to ask.
    46rkl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vera Hara View Post
    It shouldn't have ever gotten to the point where it became a politicized issue. Most medical experts agree there are benefits to wearing masks and adhering to other social distancing policies outlined. The potential positives outweigh the negatives long-term (without use) for all of society. For me, it is hardly an inconvenience to protect myself and most importantlyvulnerable populations at higher risk of contracting the virus. I've limited myself to doing one weekly errand run and that takes about 90-minutes total.

A lot of citizens in other countries do this without questioning the medical community. They realize that one of the best communal health policies is being proactive and doing what you can on an individual level to help others. And guess what? In those places the curves have been flattened and the positive test rates are down significantly.

If you are going to go out and public please do the right thing and wear a mask. It really isn't too much to ask.
    That sounds great. Except... There is that whole problem with the "math thing".

A cloth surgical mask (much better quality than the designer masks that everybody is wearing in public now) is designed to stop a particle 5 microns in size or larger. The Chinese virus is 0.1 microns in size. I.E. That is 50 times smaller than the highest quality surgical mask will protect you from.

The N-95 mask will protect you from a particle that is 0.3 microns (I.E. 3 times larger than the Chinese virus).

In other words, putting your head in a bucket is actually safer than the mask. But by all means, wear the mask if it makes you feel better.
    Denton, Slippy, KUSA and 4 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera Hara View Post
    It shouldn't have ever gotten to the point where it became a politicized issue. Most medical experts agree there are benefits to wearing masks and adhering to other social distancing policies outlined. The potential positives outweigh the negatives long-term (without use) for all of society. For me, it is hardly an inconvenience to protect myself and most importantlyvulnerable populations at higher risk of contracting the virus. I've limited myself to doing one weekly errand run and that takes about 90-minutes total.

NO! I will not!

So go suck start a shotgun! Thanks you have a nice day!

Edited : You need to change your avatar to a sheep with a bell around its neck.
    Last edited by hawgrider; 06-30-2020 at 05:55 AM.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Yeah, I'm a little sensitive to Flip Flops. Funny story...(to me, Mrs S shakes her head at me about this story) so here goes.

When I was 8 or 9 years old, an old water tank fell on my foot and crushed one of my toes. My poor old Mom was devasted but it healed, sort of, but the toe was jacked up pretty good. I never really though much about it until 50 years or so later. The dang toe was just getting more and more arthritic and hurt all the time.

So one day I was getting a cortisone for some arthritis in my ankle and Mrs Slippy was with me and she jokingly asked my Orthopedic surgeon if they could cut off my toe. My doc ( a female doc) said yes, it wouldn't bother me at all.

I said WHOA, ya'll crazy ass women are conspiring against me to cut off my freakin toe! What's wrong with you women?

So I thought about it and the fact that this damn toe always hurt, I set an appointment and that damn Bone Collector Doc cut that sumbitch toe clear the EFF OFF! No shit!

So now I got 9 toes now and Flip Flops always catch my eye for some reason...
    You should be lucky they weren't conspiring to cut something ELSE off my friend.
    Inor, Michael_Js, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    That sounds great. Except... There is that whole problem with the "math thing".

A cloth surgical mask (much better quality than the designer masks that everybody is wearing in public now) is designed to stop a particle 5 microns in size or larger. The Chinese virus is 0.1 microns in size. I.E. That is 50 times smaller than the highest quality surgical mask will protect you from.

The N-95 mask will protect you from a particle that is 0.3 microns (I.E. 3 times larger than the Chinese virus
    In other words, putting your head in a bucket is actually safer than the mask. But by all means, wear the mask if it makes you feel better.
    Head in a bucket sounds good to me. Wife did this on our trip . Gas station big sign mask required in NC. She just dropped the chin section on her helmet. I father recommend everyone ride a motorcycle. better protection in the open air with plenty of space. rather than locked in the cage with others. Yes mandatory use of motorcycles .

Is this legal?-20200401_084423.jpg
    Last edited by Smitty901; 06-30-2020 at 06:39 AM.
    Inor, Michael_Js and inceptor like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

As the discussion pertains to particle size of the virus, and mask effectiveness....
    Wearing a mask does not prevent the virus itself from passing through, if that was the actual threat vector. However, that isn't the threat vector. The virus itself cannot pass through the air without hitching a ride on other particles. Those other particles are hundreds of times larger than the virus. Spit, sneeze droplets, even aspirated fluid from a cough, all of them are huge by comparison, and will easily be stopped by most "surgical mask" types. When we step into the fashionista world of masks, then it becomes a rather stupid guessing game. A material that might work when un-stretched could become a gaping pathway when stretched across your ugly mug.

So, the primary goal of wearing masks is to stop the fluid vector of infection. The virus is not just floating by itself through the air. If it did, it would be dead within minutes due to normal UV, according to latest studies.

All that said to get the effectiveness out of the way, it is still beyond the scope of government authority to demand that citizens wear anything for any reason, especially when those citizens have not been shown to be infected.
    To appease the sheep, I've taken to wearing a neck gaiter with a big American flag on it.
    I pull it up as I walk in the door, and pull it back down when I exit.
    Makes me feel like a "Watchdog".
    Is this legal?-aiden_pearce_in_watch_dogs.png
    Slippy, Inor and JustAnotherNut like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Banned

No thanks, I'm not interested in pretending to be Kurt Cobain.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links