Is this legal? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is this legal?

This is a discussion on Is this legal? within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Weve already had two rounds of this bs here in CA. The first round we were told is was MANDATORY. This time around it is ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Is this legal?

Super Moderator

Weve already had two rounds of this bs here in CA. The first round we were told is was MANDATORY. This time around it is "recommended" and strongly encouraged.

To that I say "F" and "them".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Denton and KUSA like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    My body, my choice.
    Problem is, if infected, the virus doesn't stay in your body. Without a mask, your breathing, speaking, sneezing, whatever can spread your droplets onto others. I think an analogy would be smoking. Since the smoke leaves ones body & can impact others, there can be restrictions on where one can smoke.

I just had to force all my employees to wear masks at work. We just had one employee test positive. As a business owner, I have to do everything possible to keep my workforce healthy, so that we can continue shipping our product. As free Americans, my employees have the right to not wear a mask. They just can't work for me anymore. Everyone has chosen to wear masks. I provide if needed.

But I do agree, my body, my choice. As with free speech, exercising that right can have ramifications.
    Last edited by Redneck; 06-25-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Problem is, if infected, the virus doesn't stay in your body. Without a mask, your breathing, speaking, sneezing, whatever can spread your droplets onto others. I think an analogy would be smoking. Since the smoke leaves ones body & can impact others, there can be restrictions on where one can smoke.

I just had to force all my employees to wear masks at work. We just had one employee test positive. As a business owner, I have to do everything possible to keep my workforce healthy, so that we can continue shipping our product. As free Americans, my employees have the right to not wear a mask. They just can't work for me anymore. Everyone has chosen to wear masks. I provide if needed.

But I do agree, my body, my choice. As with free speech, exercising that right can have ramifications.
    As an employer you have that right to "force" your employees to wear a mask or find other employment.

The government has NO right to make me wear a mask in public. If you are afraid of my droplets then YOU have a choice to make...stay at home and be the safest you can be or venture outside and take the risk.

Kauboy, Denton, KUSA and 2 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    As an employer you have that right to "force" your employees to wear a mask or find other employment.

The government has NO right to make me wear a mask in public. If you are afraid of my droplets then YOU have a choice to make...stay at home and be the safest you can be or venture outside and take the risk.

I've been pretty much at home last 4 months besides supplies. I'll wear a mask at a growcery/gas station. They can FO (banned?) at my house.

The thuggers at BLM rallies should be the ones targetted.
    Denton and Sasquatch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

Nailed it.
    The smoking analogy isn't a good one to support requiring masks.
    There are facilities that allow smoking. The onus is on the patron to decide whether to go into that establishment or not.
    Same with masks. The onus is on the individual to decide how they will protect THEMSELVES. Not how others will keep them from being infected.
    Denton, Sasquatch and KUSA like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Nailed it.
    The smoking analogy isn't a good one to support requiring masks.
    There are facilities that allow smoking. The onus is on the patron to decide whether to go into that establishment or not.
    Same with masks. The onus is on the individual to decide how they will protect THEMSELVES. Not how others will keep them from being infected.
    So is your belief absolute? Let's say the transmission rate and fatality rate were 75% - 100%... a real pandemic. Where pretty much any contact with a carrier would mean certain death. Would you still state the government couldn't force citizens into certain actions?

Its kiss my MassK!
    Mad Trapper likes this.

So is your belief absolute? Let's say the transmission rate and fatality rate were 75% - 100%... a real pandemic. Where pretty much any contact with a carrier would mean certain death. Would you still state the government couldn't force citizens into certain actions?
    If it was that bad, the mask wouldn’t do crap anyway. Breath still exits the mask and would kill everyone. You would have to wear a space suit or live in a bubble. Maybe you should make your employees wear a bubble.

inceptor and SGG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    If it was that bad, the mask wouldn’t do crap anyway. Breath still exits the mask and would kill everyone. You would have to wear a space suit or live in a bubble. Maybe you should make your employees wear a bubble.

I'm waiting on either full hazmat suits or people walking around in full scuba gear complete with wetsuit.
    KUSA likes this.

Courts have upheld that the government can only enact controls on movement during a pandemic for people who are verified to be infected. Forced quarantine can only be enacted against the sick. The same should apply to lesser degrees of restriction as well.

Since we're posing hypotheticals, the sky's the limit...
    The government can force its citizens to do anything they are willing to actually use force to affect. That doesn't mean it's ok.
    And you are more than capable of rejecting anything you are personally willing to use force to affect. That also doesn't mean it's ok.

If you're asking me for a legal stance, no, the government should not be legally allowed to affect healthy people due to the presence of sick people, regardless of death rate.
    What does "liberty" mean if not control over one's own life?
    Mad Trapper and KUSA like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links