War between the States?? LOL
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on War between the States?? LOL within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Florida to quarantine travelers from NYC . " As New York City and the surrounding area have become the new epicenter for the coronavirus pandemic ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: War between the States?? LOL

Florida to quarantine travelers from NYC.

" As New York City and the surrounding area have become the new epicenter for the coronavirus pandemic in America, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Monday he is ordering anyone arriving on a flight from the New York region to submit to self-quarantine for two weeks.

DeSantis said in an address from his Tallahassee office that more than 100 such flights arrive daily in the state and he believes each contains at least one person infected with the new coronavirus.

He said he has been in contact with federal officials about curtailing such flights, but has not yet received a response. He said people will be screened when they arrived and told they must self-quarantine. He said those travelers will not be allowed to stay with family or friends, because that is one way the virus is spread.

He did not say specifically how the self-quarantine would be enforced, but he said “it is actually a criminal offense if you violate the quarantine order.” Florida law says it is a second-degree misdemeanor to violate a quarantine order that could result in a 60-day jail sentence.
    DeSantis said people could be “held accountable if they buck the law.” "

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-g...ne-for-14-days

UPDATE: Any examples of CoVid battles between States, and resulting discussions, would be welcome in this thread!
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 03-23-2020 at 08:39 PM.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

The Good Cop

i think we should block ALL people from New York, Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York from coming at all.
    There's entirely too many down here now.

Did I mention New York?
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Get's my vote and I don't even live in FL.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Why can't people simply stay put and stay away from others for a while?

People get pissed when the government tells them what to do but they refuse to do what will protect others. That's nothing less than selfish.

In a perfect world, such things would be settled by an injured party charging or suing the one who caused an injury. In this case, how does that work?
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

SGG

I thought you were going to bring up the governor of California's threat in his latest briefing to the other states that he has more purchasing power for PPE than the other states. Did anybody else hear that?

SGG

Also I wanted to mention this, though I don't know if this is the right thread. The governor of Hawaii ordered residents to stay home but said they could still go swimming and surfing. Then immediately said the homeless needed to report to the government for shelter.. if they didn't it would be up to a $5,000 fine, up to a year in jail, or both. Crazy, I'm loading a video of it to YouTube right now

Last edited by SGG; 03-23-2020 at 08:29 PM.
    Denton and MountainGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    I thought you were going to bring up the governor of California's threat in his latest briefing to the other states that he has more purchasing power for PPE than the other states. Did anybody else hear that?
    I cant listen to Newsom for more than 5 min without hurling - but I did listen to Cuomo's press conf, in which he bitched about having to be in a bidding war with other States over masks. He must have expressed the same prob with Trump - which led to Barr's announcement about 'this aint gonna happen' (industrial hoarding/jacking prices up)
    Denton, SGG, Prepared One and 2 others like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

The problem with self quarantine is there are lots of people t that will always make bad and or stupid decisions. Unfortunately, without some form of enforcement,self quarantine will not be enough.JMHO
    Denton, Michael_Js and watcher like this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

I briefly got excited by the title of this thread, when I thought that maybe we were finally going to push Commiefornia out of the Union.

On another subject, I am not disrespectful of folks who question the government's orders to do things "for their own good". Forced immunizations come to mind (not to get that topic started again). It will not surprise me if there suddenly is a "miraculous discovery" of an effective vaccination for the COVID-19 and the government decides everyone should submit taking it. I wonder if folks will be talking about thinking people are selfish when the government tells them what to do but they refuse to do what they are being told will protect others?

Wall off CA and NYC the country would be a lot better off. Few other states we could just point and those two and ask want to be next.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links