Stop doing business with China
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Stop doing business with China within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Iím really watching what I buy. If itís made in China, I look for alternatives regardless of price difference. I hope to see China minimized ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Stop doing business with China

Iím really watching what I buy. If itís made in China, I look for alternatives regardless of price difference.

I hope to see China minimized as a trade partner when the dust settles.

The Good Cop

Agreed.
    We will still have to have many products made off shore, but we need to spread the work around so one country can not hold us by the short hairs ever again.
    Bigfoot63, KUSA, SOCOM42 and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Amen!
    KUSA and T-Man 1066 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A total freeze on all imports for a couple years might just help them get a new attitude, . . .

Or maybe a MOAB on wherever their politicos hold their congress.

Either one would suit me, . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Send the message to your congressman, senator and to President Trump. Stop this nonsense of chicom dependency. Tariff the hell out of them.
    KUSA and Michael_Js like this.

Yes but congress has to do their part and get rid of all these crazy rules and regulations that make it ridiculously expensive (or impossible) to manufacture here at home. And that ain’t never gonna happen.
    SOCOM42 and MountainGirl like this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    #boycottchina
    Slippy and KUSA like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Great idea. Let's just throw China under the bus. You're thinking like politicians now.. knee-jerk reaction. Remember what they did when Trump tried to tariff them to oblivion? Tit for tat, they raised their tariffs.

What are you going to do with all the goods we sell to China? And when you don't make all those goods, what about the people whose job it is to produce them? Are you going to step up to the plate and buy those things that would otherwise go to China? Are you going to hire the people laid off?

Yeah, we buy more from them than they buy from us, about 5 times as much. But just cutting 'em off cold turkey is still gonna hurt like hell.
    Slippy likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Not a knee jerk reaction from me, I've been moderately successful for at least 8 or 9 years in NOT buying Chicom products. My goal has been to help convince people not to buy chicom crap and for evil politicians to lift regulations and eliminate barriers from government to producing these products here in these United States.

So what if the Chicoms raise their tariffs, keep our products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Great idea. Let's just throw China under the bus. You're thinking like politicians now.. knee-jerk reaction. Remember what they did when Trump tried to tariff them to oblivion? Tit for tat, they raised their tariffs.

What are you going to do with all the goods we sell to China? And when you don't make all those goods, what about the people whose job it is to produce them? Are you going to step up to the plate and buy those things that would otherwise go to China? Are you going to hire the people laid off?

Yeah, we buy more from them than they buy from us, about 5 times as much. But just cutting 'em off cold turkey is still gonna hurt like hell.
    Piratesailor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post

If you could get on to an economics model not centered on AOC's design model, . . . you would easily see that if we had cut China off a year ago, . . . the money we would have NOT SPENT and the money NOT LOST in this corona virus thing, . . . would have gone a long way towards building factories and hiring people to make those things China makes.

Yes, . . . hindsight is 20/20, . . . but NOW is the time to do something about it. Crank the china tariffs by 2000%, . . . and just hold the soy beans in the ships on the west coast. When Ching Chong Charlie in Bejing can't get his soy sauce, . . . they will buy the soy beans, . . . no matter what price we put on em.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links