Bail reform
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bail reform

This is a discussion on Bail reform within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; This is just what the DNC wants. And he will darn sure vote for them. Several times each election. "NYC subway thief thanks Democrats after ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 1 Post By Camel923
  • 1 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Chipper
  • 1 Post By Slippy

Thread: Bail reform

Bail reform

This is just what the DNC wants. And he will darn sure vote for them. Several times each election.

"NYC subway thief thanks Democrats after his 139th arrest, release: 'Bail reform, it’s lit!'"

"Charles Barry, 56, has been arrested six times since the start of this year. He’s been released each time without having to post bail under New York’s new bail reform law since his alleged offenses were nonviolent, the New York Daily News reported. In the past, Barry’s served several stints in state prison and has a lengthy record, including six felonies, 87 misdemeanors and 21 missed court hearings, the newspaper reported, citing court records. "

"After his most recent arrest Thursday, Barry was held in custody for about 36 hours until his Saturday morning arraignment hearing in his Manhattan Criminal Court. He was then released before trial without paying bail. He had two warrants out for his arrest for missing court dates related to past alleged subway theft, including one instance in January when he allegedly snatched a $50 bill out of a woman’s hand while she was trying to buy a Metro card at a Bryant Park station machine. "

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...s-139th-arrest
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I do think we need bail reform.. people who are first time offenders or arrested for stupid stuff and end up spending weeks in jail waiting on trial because they can not pay bail is bad...

too many stories about innocent people losing job, homes, even missing medical procedures

BUT, we need common sense.. if the person has arrest warranty (for things besides unpaid traffic tickets) or a history of crime,,, then let them sit in jail or post bail..

oh, and I once had to post bail..I was found not guilty... but I was in the Marines and could not afford to miss work..I had to borrow from a friend- but still spent a few hours in the tank.. and never got that bail money back
    Camel923 likes this.
    Be a Berean

An example of a poorly thought out policy, Devoid of Common sense. Goes in the same bin with sanctuary for criminal aliens.

Australia was a penal colony. People went there to avoid being tried and found guilty of petty theft and such which due to rampant crime was a death sentence when found guilty. People will have to feel the effects no bail constantly to want this changed.
    Last edited by Camel923; 02-16-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Here you must commit a few felonies to ever be really charged. Then once you are you are treat as a poor misguided first offender. The the gun you were caught with charge is dropped, the stealing the car is dropped the meth found on you is dropped. you plead to simple possession of some weed. Then word on the street and news id harmless kid jailed for one joint. happens everyday here. Felon with a firearm reduced to D&C. Never even goes before a judge.
    stowlin likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Geez, suppose they'll let him vote, free college education and give him tickets to a ball game.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Why are the prisons over crowded?

First; people on death row need to be put to death within hours of their sentencing.

Second; deport all the illegals in prison

Third; stop encouraging lawmakers (local, state, federal) to "Do Something". We have way too many laws on the books as it stands, encouraging these bureaucrats to do more just means they enact more frivolous laws. (Eric Garner of NYC; cops attempt to arrest him for the heinous crime of selling individual cigarrettes. Yes, the idiot fought the police and he lost the fight and his life but c'mon, selling cigs? Ridicuolous. Buyer Beware what I say. Reduce the idiotic laws on the books.
    stowlin likes this.

We have transformed transportation with Uber, Tesla, etc. We transformed hotels with Air BnB, and communications with smart phones. It’s time for the government to transform bail, jail, and incarceration too. Lots of tech available and intrusions onto peoples lives that they don’t want and will seek to avoid by not doing the crime.

Sponsored Links