5-4 but good for now
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

5-4 but good for now

This is a discussion on 5-4 but good for now within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; "Supreme Court allows Trump administration to enforce ‘public charge’ immigration restriction" "The Supreme Court will allow the Trump administration to enforce, for now, its "public ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 5-4 but good for now

5-4 but good for now

"Supreme Court allows Trump administration to enforce ‘public charge’ immigration restriction"

"The Supreme Court will allow the Trump administration to enforce, for now, its "public charge" immigration restriction, lifting a pair of preliminary injunctions issued by federal judges."

"The court’s liberal justices, Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, would have blocked the regulation’s enforcement."

We are in a time when 5 of 4 will tell us what the law is. This is unlikely to change any tie soon.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...on-restriction
    Last edited by Smitty901; 01-27-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    RedLion likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

By the grace of God, Trump will have the opportunity to appoint at least one more justice to SCOTUS. I'm not wishing for anyone to die, but hopefully one of the liberal justices will retire.
    Prepared One likes this.

But, but, but I thought that the courts always went against Trump?.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    By the grace of God, Trump will have the opportunity to appoint at least one more justice to SCOTUS. I'm not wishing for anyone to die, but hopefully one of the liberal justices will retire.
    I expect Ginsburg to retire once Trump wins re-election. She is "Grinding it out" so to speak in the sliver of hope that Trump will lose in November. Not going to happen. Sotomayor has her own health issues.
    Deebo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Well they did right up to a 5-4 vote. And this is not over. Just allows it while the case goes on.Roberts could change the real quick . If the law was followed it would have never been stopped at any level.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Well they did right up to a 5-4 vote. And this is not over. Just allows it while the case goes on.Roberts could change the real quick . If the law was followed it would have never been stopped at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    No a SCOTUS ruling is final unless a new case is taken that is a similar case and a new ruling is made by the full court.

No a SCOTUS ruling is final unless a new case is taken that is a similar case and a new ruling is made by the full court.
    You can bet they are looking for another case to file. We been round and round with this with other cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    You can bet they are looking for another case to file. We been round and round with this with other cases.
    Let them look. It will be years before another one could even be considered by the SCOTUS. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Paula,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Some People Just Need Dead! Go ahead and pray for their salvation, I do. But I have no problem with an evil bastard getting dead.

Ginsberg is evil and has made decisions that have taken away liberty, freedom and eroded the great republic.
    Inor and Prepared One like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links