Army Times Hires New Editor...What Were They Thinking - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Army Times Hires New Editor...What Were They Thinking

This is a discussion on Army Times Hires New Editor...What Were They Thinking within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by paulag1955 The new Army Times editor has been consistently vocal about her scorn for Trump. This is not going to sit well ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Army Times Hires New Editor...What Were They Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    The new Army Times editor has been consistently vocal about her scorn for Trump. This is not going to sit well with their readers.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/16/a...or-trump-hate/
    That should go over like the proverbial pay toilet in the diarrhea ward. Or like a screen door on a submarine to close the circle
    paulag1955 and dwight55 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The Army Times parent organization, the Military Times, is civilian owned and not a government publication.
    Just like Stars and Stripes, or Military.com. They are civilian as well.
    I get news from all of these, in fact I get daily briefs to my email from all.

I also get daily briefs straight from the Department Of Defense.

"He who lives by Fox News alone shall stay lost in the woods."
    Author Unknown
    RPD, . . .

Would you be kind enough to post the links to those publications??

I did not know you could get an email feed from them, . . . what do you have to do ?

Thanks, may God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    RPD, . . .

Would you be kind enough to post the links to those publications??

I did not know you could get an email feed from them, . . . what do you have to do ?

Thanks, may God bless,
    Dwight
    https://www.militarytimes.com On the right hand side, about half way down, there is a box "Sign Up For The Early Bird Brief". Once you do this, you will get an email every morning with 30 to 40 different news stories covering all branches, overseas operations, veteran news, and more.

www.americanmilitarynews.com On the right side, near the top, see "Get The Daily AMN Briefing". This will give you the top 6 or 8 stories each day.

www.military.com You have to join in order to get the daily briefing. It's free and worth it. On the top right corner, see "Log In". Click that and you can register to get an account.

It has been a while since I got the DOD daily video, so I went to the site. It has all been redone, and the daily brief is no more. You will have to go manually whenever you wish to get the latest news. https://www.defense.gov

www.armytimes.com and www.navytimes.com are the "children" of Military Times, and their signups are on the right, about halfway down. But, it's pretty much the same news as Military Times, just arranged a little different.
    I do get Army Times in addition to Military Times.

You can sign up for the latest VA news as well. www.va.gov Scroll all the way to the bottom and there are a lot of links, see"Get VA Updates"
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 01-18-2020 at 10:45 PM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks, RPD, . . . I used to get some of the written pubs, . . . subscriptions died, . . . I let em go.

Way things are now, . . . might be good to stay closer to what the heck is going on.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The Good Cop

I also get the Army Times Face Book feed.
    Just a couple hours ago they sent out the story the 10th Mountain Division will be sending troops to Afghanistan in the spring to replace the 1st Armored.

FB is a lot more than non-users think it is.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I also get the Army Times Face Book feed.
    Just a couple hours ago they sent out the story the 10th Mountain Division will be sending troops to Afghanistan in the spring to replace the 1st Armored.

FB is a lot more than non-users think it is.
    Thanks for the heads up about the Army Times FB feed.
    dwight55 and rice paddy daddy like this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Thanks, RPD, . . . I used to get some of the written pubs, . . . subscriptions died, . . . I let em go.

Way things are now, . . . might be good to stay closer to what the heck is going on.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    I re-discovered the sign up for short daily videos from the Dept Of defense.
    I don't know why they stopped sending them.

Go to https://www.dvidshub.net
    You will have to register, it is free. In the upper right hand corner, click on "Log In". You will have a form to fill out in order to register.
    After that you can choose to have a daily brief sent to the email address you used to register.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 01-22-2020 at 07:30 PM.
    dwight55 likes this.

Can't Uunderstand Normal Thinkging

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links