2020; Senate Prepares for Impeachment Trial; What Should The Senate Do?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on 2020; Senate Prepares for Impeachment Trial; What Should The Senate Do? within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; As we all know, on Dec 18, 2019, the House of Representatives voted to impeach the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump. On ...

View Poll Results: Should The Senate;

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Dismiss as Fraudulent

15 83.33%
  • Lengthy Trial

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 2020; Senate Prepares for Impeachment Trial; What Should The Senate Do?

As we all know, on Dec 18, 2019, the House of Representatives voted to impeach the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump. On January 15, 2020, The House is expected to send the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate.
    From what I understand, The Senate has the power to dismiss or acquit these Articles of Impeachment.

If they Dismiss, they can do so under the premise that the Impeachment was Fraudulent.

If they Acquit, it is my understanding that the Senate will go through a Trial.

What do you think The Senate should do? Dismiss as Fraudulent? Or Try and Acquit?

I've included a nice little study guide of The US Constitution from The Heritage Foundation to help you if necessary.

https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/
    https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/1

The Good Cop

Dismiss charges on a voice vote.
    Can be complete before noon on the first day.

To try to placate the Dems by holding a trial is a fool's errand.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I hope the Senate dismisses and calls it what it is, a fraudulent sham. Do not give the evil demtard fools in the House any credibility.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Trial. Make the Dems look like absolute fools. Bring the folly to the disinfecting light of day.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I would like to say dismiss it out of hand for the joke that it is, but now that it's been put in the lap of the senate, I say go through the process. Contrast the demonrats against the constitution and the rule of law. Leave no doubt about the process. Show the American people how it's supposed to work and how the demonrats are trying to circumvent the constitution, the rule of law, and 63 million American voters.

If it's dismissed out of hand people will always have doubts that he is guilty and the fix was in. If he is acquitted he will be exonerated in some people's minds at least, and the process will be shown to work as it is supposed to. As @Denton said, put the light of day on what the Democrats are trying to pull off. This shouldn't take more then a week if they set the rules correctly and keep the demonrats from political grandstanding.

I voted lengthy trail but I see no reason for that. This can be done in a week.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 01-15-2020 at 04:31 AM.
    Slippy, MountainGirl and Denton like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

If they could dismiss with a bi-partisan majority, then that would be the best case, but those *&#[email protected]!# Demonrats will not do that. So Bring it on !!

Then call a GOP witness for every Turd witness. I want to hear Biden and son try get out of this one. Maybe that is the strategy of Cruz. Threaten "witness reciprocity" and get the Dem senators to vote for dismissal.

It should be quite a show. ( and a complete waste of time )

Trump usually has good instincts. If he wants a trial to call the whistler blower and the Biden’s then I am all for embarrassing the Democrats. While we are at it let’s delve into conspiracy of the DOJ, FBI, FISA, Clinton Campaign, DNC and other intelligence agencies plotting an overthrough with elected officials to over turn an election they did not like. Ok I am done with fantasyland but one must dream.
    MountainGirl, Denton and Slippy like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

You didn't have my choice for "What the Senate should do"

They should resign en masse, take the House with them, and let Trump fix the country!

Denton, Slippy, Inor and 1 others like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

ROFL - Shiff and Nadler named as the Prosecutors??
    Does that mean Shiff cant be questioned?? Hahahaha!

https://www.wavy.com/news/politics/d...ent-to-senate/
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 01-15-2020 at 09:22 AM.
    Prepared One, Denton and Slippy like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    ROFL - Shiff and Nadler named as the Prosecutors??
    Does that mean Shiff cant be questioned?? Hahahaha!

https://www.wavy.com/news/politics/d...ent-to-senate/

This is laughable. It makes sense that the wicked witch of the west would put her flying monkeys in charge of the circus.
    MountainGirl, Denton and Slippy like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links