Trump grants clemency

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trump grants clemency

This is a discussion on Trump grants clemency within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; "Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers accused of war crimes, restores rank to Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher" These cases cause me a lot of ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Trump grants clemency

Trump grants clemency

"Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers accused of war crimes, restores rank to Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher"
    These cases cause me a lot of heart ache. On one hand Soldiers have limits and for the good of all must follow them. On the other hand real world does not play by all the rules.
    I have devoted a lot of though to these cases . With reservation I think Trump did the right thing. I know darn well it was a hard call to make. Seems trump is a man that can make the hard calls and live with it.
    We can debate the moral right or wrong of their actions for a life time. As for those that testified against Lorance. It is easy to convince some to support the out come you want . Split seconds calls are hard to judge fairly with hind sight .
    I wish all these soldiers peace and hope they can move on with their life.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ddie-gallagher
    Last edited by Smitty901; 11-15-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Awesome news! Praise God that Trump did the right thing by these Warriors.

How did the Military Courts get so out of whack for this to happen?
    dwight55, Denton and Joe like this.

SGG

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

You know the answer....FUBAR
    Slippy and Denton like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

Each one of those cases has issues. The first issue in all 3 being clear cut right or wrong. Not hard to argue that the action may have been wrong as regulations and rules of war read. Two case could be argued on split second calls that needed to be made. Add to that how many senior offices in the military were put there by liberal presidents. And many in the the legal system are products of the same legal minds we see in the civilian world.
    President Trump it seems, saw past the clear cut right and wrong. Like a DA refusing to charge someone. Trump saw the greater good was served by over tuning what was done.
    Try with all honesty to put your self in the place of those that sat in judgement. I bet quietly they are relieved, Trump took it out of their hands. You train to make a decisions, take action often in less than a heart beat. Is it right to then judge the decision based on others hind sight in a safe air conditioned office. I think not. Do we really want leaders and soldiers running amuck killing as they see fit with no regard for right and wrong. I say clearly no. When it comes down to judging right or wrong I think a lot of room needs to be given the boots on the ground.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

How many poor bastards would have been hung out to dry if the same ROE were applied during WW2 in the Pacific against the jap scum.

All sorts of leeway should be given to those in a combat zone, and under fire,

no one but those that were there can understand the thought processes of the time.

We have been fighting an enemy that wears no uniform, kills non combatants and disarmed soldiers.

They use women and children as shields with no regard for them.

I can understand grabbing a prisoner,

that just threw a satchel charge in a mess hall full of you buds and shooting the bastard with good cause.

@Smitty901 , is right,

O'thigger removed staff level officer by the hundreds I think to put in liberal scum like him.

Just checked it was a 197 officers!!!!!
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 11-15-2019 at 08:26 PM.

You do not beat evil with Markus and Queensbury Rules of engagement. My dad did fight the Jap scum. Attached to Raider battalions in man power shortages he saw first hand behind the lines what happened to our flyers caught by the Nips. Bayonet practice while tied to a tree. As a result all Japs seen were fair game. Officers would scream at the enlisted that the Jap was trying to surrender when cut down. The standard reply was sorry Sir I did not see that White flag. And depending upon each other behind the lines, nothing more was said.

I do not know what happened but geez do not our warriors deserve the benefit of the doubt? Especially when given foolish fubar rules of engagement. Washington is a bigger enemy than on the field. No matter what some [email protected] judge or judges say. When you opponent hides amoung the population the Geneva Conventions do not apply.
    Last edited by Camel923; 11-16-2019 at 05:37 AM.
    SOCOM42, dwight55, Denton and 3 others like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

The Good Cop

One case involved a SEAL posing with a dead body. This is nothing new, nor do I see anything wrong with it.
    Another case involved an officer executing a taliban bomber. I see nothing wrong there, either.
    The third case involved an officer ordering his soldiers to shoot three suspected enemy on a motorcycle. This could be a borderline incident.

War is hell.
    SGG, dwight55, Denton and 7 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

For instance, in our AO in Vietnam, adjacent to the DMZ, there were areas that were deemed by our miltary to be Free Fire Zones, where any individual that was not American was considered enemy and was subject to be shot.
    We had no Viet Cong up there, only North Vietnamese regulars. There were civilians in villages scattered about. But they knew what was Off Limits.
    dwight55, Denton and Camel923 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The statement has to be: "I did what I had to do" . . . with no reservation.

Once that criteria is met, . . . shoot the prosecutors who come snooping around.

RPD said it right, . . . war IS hell, . . . and decisions made cannot be taken back, . . . make sure they are good ones, . . . go on down the road.

May God bless,
    Dwight

PS: Thank you, Mr. President, . . .
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

fuck you all...you judge in an arm chair quarterback method.... TH E DUDE WAS EVIL...THE DUDE GOT DEAD.... YEAH TM america...fuck yeah.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links