Elijah Cummings has died - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Elijah Cummings has died

This is a discussion on Elijah Cummings has died within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; I too do not fear death. But I worry way too much about earthly events and pray often for our Lord to take my worries. ...

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Elijah Cummings has died

I too do not fear death.

But I worry way too much about earthly events and pray often for our Lord to take my worries. I struggle daily to be a Good Man, to be a Righteous Man, but I do not struggle to be an Honorable Man.

I have no demons of war, I have literally one demon, the demon that haunts me is the one that makes me over zealous for Freedom and Liberty and contempt for those who stand in my way.

Contempt is an easy word that may not accurately describe it...it is more than contempt...It is downright "See Red, Do Violence, Desecrate and Scortch Earth" hatred.

Screwed up isn't it?
    Smitty901 likes this.

You may need a touch of reefer.
    Slippy and Denton like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I too do not fear death.

But I worry way too much about earthly events and pray often for our Lord to take my worries. I struggle daily to be a Good Man, to be a Righteous Man, but I do not struggle to be an Honorable Man.

I have no demons of war, I have literally one demon, the demon that haunts me is the one that makes me over zealous for Freedom and Liberty and contempt for those who stand in my way.

Contempt is an easy word that may not accurately describe it...it is more than contempt...It is downright "See Red, Do Violence, Desecrate and Scortch Earth" hatred.

Screwed up isn't it?
    I'd definitely want you on my side in any battle, Mr. Slippy.
    Slippy, bigwheel and Denton like this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Yep..Uncle Slippy is always welcome on my side too. Those heads on pikes could make any would be alleged perp think twice about engaging in anti social activities.
    Slippy and Denton like this.

Jesus Christ paid the penalty for Man’s sinful nature with the crucifixion on the cross. His sacrifice was made for all men as a one-time act of penance to God’s perfect nature. To receive this gift, one only needs to sincerely believe with a faithful stance. Sure, some have “played church” and “Christian” before for many different self-centered (also known as man-centered) reasons. The evidence for true faith is a God centered existence. It makes on sense that one can accept the gift, give it back, change their mind and even accept it again. God is no Indian giver, in regard to his grace and redemption for mankind.

With the exception of Jesus, there has not been a man that has lived a sinless life. Even as a faithful Christian, we all fail on occasion (even daily) and fall short of God’s perfect will. Thankfully, he is just and forgiving if we only ask for forgiveness and repent. It would be quite a rollercoaster relationship if I lost my salvation every time I sinned and turned my back on God’s perfect will for my life.

Trying not to be guilty of quoting single scriptures from the Word to prove a single point, I will share the following:

John 3:16-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Salvation is eternal, not a temporary state.

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Man cannot save himself by his own works or deeds, it is a gift. Likewise, it makes no sense that he can unsave himself. He can however, fall to the scorn of God and risk his heavenly rewards.

If you want to look a little deeper on your own, try here - https://www.allaboutgod.com/once-saved-always-saved.htm

To the main point of salvation, here is one of my favorites:

Revelation 3:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

What about you? When he knocks, you should answer.
    bigwheel, Slippy and Smitty901 like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Jesus Christ paid the penalty for Man’s sinful nature with the crucifixion on the cross. His sacrifice was made for all men as a one-time act of penance to God’s perfect nature. To receive this gift, one only needs to sincerely believe with a faithful stance. Sure, some have “played church” and “Christian” before for many different self-centered (also known as man-centered) reasons. The evidence for true faith is a God centered existence. It makes on sense that one can accept the gift, give it back, change their mind and even accept it again. God is no Indian giver, in regard to his grace and redemption for mankind.

With the exception of Jesus, there has not been a man that has lived a sinless life. Even as a faithful Christian, we all fail on occasion (even daily) and fall short of God’s perfect will. Thankfully, he is just and forgiving if we only ask for forgiveness and repent. It would be quite a rollercoaster relationship if I lost my salvation every time I sinned and turned my back on God’s perfect will for my life.

Trying not to be guilty of quoting single scriptures from the Word to prove a single point, I will share the following:

John 3:16-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Salvation is eternal, not a temporary state.

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Man cannot save himself by his own works or deeds, it is a gift. Likewise, it makes no sense that he can unsave himself. He can however, fall to the scorn of God and risk his heavenly rewards.

If you want to look a little deeper on your own, try here - https://www.allaboutgod.com/once-saved-always-saved.htm

To the main point of salvation, here is one of my favorites:

Revelation 3:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

What about you? When he knocks, you should answer.
    Amen! Preach on Brother!
    Slippy likes this.

This comes to mind reference Elijah Cummins:
    Rev 2:2 thru 2:7
    I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.
    You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
    Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.
    Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.
    But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
    Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Unfortunately he became what he once hated. A practitioner of "Nicolas" "One who conquers and subdues the people"
    Last edited by Old SF Guy; 10-22-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    Sasquatch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I too do not fear death.

Screwed up isn't it?
    This is why many that know or run afoul of me had better pray , my faith is never lost. If so they will not make it.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Keep in mind I voted for President Carter. We all make mistakes.
    He is ending his days on earth sooner then latter. I do not think he was evil , he was just plain wrong on everything. He allowed Democrats to run all over him. So when he is gone are we suppose deny he was likely the worst president in US history. Do we deny all the harm he did to people with his failed liberal economy ? There is not one thing that was right with his term in office.
    Elijah Cummins was drive by his own greed and agenda, nothing else maddered. Nothing madder but the agenda and the power that came from it. Hows does his death make that ok. He and his kind surely will never grant us any understand for a mistake or two.
    He was still blaming the current generation of things that happened 150 years ago.
    Mad Trapper, Slippy and KUSA like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I'll miss him, like a smelly turd, that had never had touched my shoe.

No bad feelings. He was not someone black, I'd want as a friend, and I've had a few. But someone I'd have over for a barbacue/beers , nope.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links