War ship beats Gun boat - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

War ship beats Gun boat

This is a discussion on War ship beats Gun boat within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by SOCOM42 MM, we have sacrificed plenty of people in the past, perhaps there would not have ever been a 9/11 if we ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: War ship beats Gun boat

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    MM, we have sacrificed plenty of people in the past, perhaps there would not have ever been a 9/11 if we had done it back then.
    The reason that Americans were respected and unharmed worldwide before was that the US Government took swift action against those that harmed Americans.

if WE started killing Americans that were held hostage... Americans would never be held hostage. (they would just be killed)

We need to take 3 steps back and start taking ruthless action like we use to

if we starting to just kill our own people, sure they might stop taking them hostage.. they would just kill them.. so no we need to again start using the hammer after an american is killed and once we get hostages back we need to bomb the crap out of the folks that held them.. we need to make it KNOW that to harm an america will be to bring the full weight of OUR justice down on them... WRATH!!!!

we do not want Americans to lose their faith and confidence in the government.

In the Marines it was NO MAN LEFT BEHIND... if we thought that the Government would order us killed if we were captured in order to teach a lesson... you would have a lack of confidence in the leadership at every level. Imagine trying to get embassy guards or embassy employees if they were told "If the embassy is overran we are going to drop bombs on it and kill you and the people holding you!"

PLUS in the case of an embassy... they were mostly civilians who went with the idea they were under the protection of the US Government... heck Iran was a safe embassy and considered a good duty station prior to the revolution

I just can not see any benefit to dropping a bomb that would have killed the Americans in the Iranian embassy
    SGG likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    A-10 may be slow by new standards but still can do the job. Once you mastered the Tow it was fun to fire . But it is slow by most standards.
    I love the A-10
    Smitty901 likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I love the A-10
    Cover my ass a few times.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We still have the problems of them placing mines, attached or in the water.

Those ragheads that were seen involved with mines on the last tanker, before this, they should have been rendered crab food instead of posed for photos.

I like the idea of A-10s but they would need top cover from some fighters.

Putting some guns on random tankers with a few trained warriors would help, along with better sonar/depth charges for divers/mines.

I'm all for spanking them hard the next time. Wipe out their navy/airforce/command/communications/electricity/nuke facilities. Don't get involved on the ground.

Let them happy goat/sheep humpers and camel jockeys.
    SOCOM42 likes this.

Not sure about now, but a few years back (before I retired from the ships) there were companies that would supply armed security teams to sail aboard and protect merchant ships sailing the pirate infested waters off east Africa. Usually 4 to 6 ex-Indian military armed with AK47s. I’m sure somebody out there is willing to supply armed mercenaries now, too. The problem is in getting the arms on and off the ships. Most countries in this area of the world (or anywhere for that matter) have prohibitions or extremely tight controls on small arms. And most merchant ships do not have any weapons aboard due to insurance company restrictions. They don’t even carry 38 pistols anymore to maintain order in the lifeboats. (As depicted in old movies)
    stowlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Not sure about now, but a few years back (before I retired from the ships) there were companies that would supply armed security teams to sail aboard and protect merchant ships sailing the pirate infested waters off east Africa. Usually 4 to 6 ex-Indian military armed with AK47s. I’m sure somebody out there is willing to supply armed mercenaries now, too. The problem is in getting the arms on and off the ships. Most countries in this area of the world (or anywhere for that matter) have prohibitions or extremely tight controls on small arms. And most merchant ships do not have any weapons aboard due to insurance company restrictions. They don’t even carry 38 pistols anymore to maintain order in the lifeboats. (As depicted in old movies)
    AKs are not going to do the trick. A rotary cannon front and back

And if insurance companies refuse, tell them their insured are on their own, with no support/naval protection.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Hah! they ran like the Jackals they are!.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    AKs are not going to do the trick. A rotary cannon front and back

And if insurance companies refuse, tell them their insured are on their own, with no support/naval protection.
    I’m not saying AKs would do the job in this instance. I’m telling you that security forces were available and used AKs against pirates. I’m sure properly equipped security teams could defend against this crowd, assuming you could legally get the weapons on and off the ships.

Correct most maritime rules strictly forbid even ships from having armed private security. Stupidity has no limits

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post

Commercial shipping for the most part rejected security that was offered on aboard . It was not political correct and they assumed it would cause hijackers and others to become more violent. Shippers do care about ransom and high jacking they just pass they cost on. Often in the end they profit from it. Once cost are passed on they keep collecting on the deal.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links