War ship beats Gun boat - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

War ship beats Gun boat

This is a discussion on War ship beats Gun boat within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy Its past time for the US, Israel and the Brits to go in and destroy every military asset that Iran has. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: War ship beats Gun boat

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Its past time for the US, Israel and the Brits to go in and destroy every military asset that Iran has. Should take 2 days. Then exit to a more a more peaceful world.
    2 days...lol....

between dinner and dessert the brits and Us could launch enough missiles to take out all their major military assets they would be back to moving things with camels
    Slippy and dwight55 like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I have been waiting since the embassy takeover for us to obliterate all of them.
    Me too

We should have killed everyone within a mile radius of the embassy including our own people held captive after a 24 hour window to release them all.
    That would have shown we are not afraid to loose people, then have told them any other incident perpetrated by them and Tehran is gone.
    NO NO NO.. we should have starting blow their things up - but killing our own people says we hold our people to have little value.. we want them to respect and KNOW that if they harm an american or hold them..they will suffer until they are released... we should never Murder our own people. if they killed them then ya.. their capital would be flattened

They think we are afraid of them, they hide behind Russian support and laugh at us.
    who cares what they think

IMHO, any Muzzi turd barge within a mile of our ships or one's we protect be taken under fire, no warning, with no survivors to pick up.
    Crazy talk.... should be 3 mile limit
    dwight55 likes this.
    Be a Berean

MM, we have sacrificed plenty of people in the past, perhaps there would not have ever been a 9/11 if we had done it back then.
    As a marine, you must have heard the term "fires within the battle area", I assume you know what it means.
    Nobody in that embassy was a civilian, government employees, Marine Embassy guards or diplomats, they all knew the risks when taking the oath.
    I said one mile safety zone because of the congestion in the strait.
    You are right, who cares what they think, but their boldness in thinking that is what motivates them into their assaults and probes.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-11-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    Denton, dwight55, Slippy and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

This is a nice story, a better one would have been as the attack boats approached the tanker they where struck by an unknown explosive device and destroyed. A message is sent to Iran that there is now a permanent US Submarine presence in the area and any threat to international shipping will be dealt with in a similar manner.
    Smitty901 and dwight55 like this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    This is a nice story, a better one would have been as the attack boats approached the tanker they where struck by an unknown explosive device and destroyed. A message is sent to Iran that there is now a permanent US Submarine presence in the area and any threat to international shipping will be dealt with in a similar manner.
    Nice story, however, the Iturd boats are too small, too fast and can evade a torpedo that cost more than their entire inventory of boats,
    as said by RPD a GAU-8 will do nicely.
    And for ranges out to 3,000 meters a TOW missile will do well and are cheap,
    launchers even cheaper, mount them on the tankers, along with 30 MM chain guns.
    Another option is the 40 MM BOFOR'S as mounted on the AC-130 gunships, there are mega rounds of the stuff still around,
    a power driven twin or quad mount will serve nicely.
    The thing is, all these options will do the job, the only thing missing is the balls to use them.

Nice story, however, the Iturd boats are too small, too fast and can evade a torpedo that cost more than their entire inventory of boats,
    as said by RPD a GAU-8 will do nicely.
    And for ranges out to 3,000 meters a TOW missile will do well and are cheap,
    launchers even cheaper, mount them on the tankers, along with 30 MM chain guns.
    Another option is the 40 MM BOFOR'S as mounted on the AC-130 gunships, there are mega rounds of the stuff still around,
    a power driven twin or quad mount will serve nicely.
    The thing is, all these options will do the job, the only thing missing is the balls to use them.
    Tow been awhile sense I hear that name. 3,750 meters but when fired over water you need some elevation at the firing point. When wire drags in water it reduces it rang There is a chart to figure that out. Heck we have a lot of aircraft that can respond very quickly even from a longer distance . Lot of ways to deal with those gun boats.
    The Javelin has been replacing the TOW for infantry and CAV was using it ahead of that. It can fire 3 missiles in about 2 minutes , and is fire and forget not tracking the target to impact. Of course the GAU-8 would be more fun.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 07-11-2019 at 05:56 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Tow been awhile sense I hear that name. 3,750 meters but when fired over water you need some elevation at the firing point. When wire drags in water it reduces it rang There is a chart to figure that out. Heck we have a lot of aircraft that can respond very quickly even from a longer distance . Lot of ways to deal with those gun boats.
    The Javelin has been replacing the TOW for infantry and CAV was using it ahead of that. It can fire 3 missiles in about 2 minutes , and is fire and forget not tracking the target to impact. Of course the GAU-8 would be more fun.
    There are plenty of old TOW's in bunkers in Germany that were destined for the Fulda Gap, along with ammo for the 151 mounted 106 RR's,
    but that has not happened, yet, froze my ass off there during one Reforger exercise.
    Those oil tankers sit above 100', a good platform for the TOW, A-10's are good for busting tanks, how about boats???
    I was just looking to use up old ordnance for target practice on muzzscum,
    save the good stuff for a serious fight that we intend on winning and obliterating the OPFOR and their support chain.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-11-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    Smitty901 likes this.

I honestly dont think anyone sinking these little crafts would care, in the Iranian regime. It just builds their martyrdom.
    I say, next time someone does something like this, launch a nice little message from a A130 at their Dear Leaders home, or homes...
    Send the message to the boss, not the Sailors.

There are plenty of old TOW's in bunkers in Germany that were destined for the Fulda Gap, along with ammo for the 151 mounted 106 RR's,
    but that has not happened, yet, froze my ass off there during one Reforger exercise.
    Those oil tankers sit above 100', a good platform for the TOW, A-10's are good for busting tanks, how about boats???
    I was just looking to use up old ordnance for target practice on muzzscum,
    save the good stuff for a serious fight that we intend on winning and obliterating the OPFOR and their support chain.
    A-10 may be slow by new standards but still can do the job. Once you mastered the Tow it was fun to fire . But it is slow by most standards.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The Brits have announced they are replacing MONTROSE (a frigate) with DUNCAN which is a destroyer. A much larger and more capable warship. Hmmmm. Getting prepared for some bloodshed in the gulf?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links