Ross Perot and American hero - RIP - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ross Perot and American hero - RIP

This is a discussion on Ross Perot and American hero - RIP within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Back before 9-11-01 one of my teams partner teams was in Kuwait performing Bomb range air control (Close Air support training). There was a malfunction ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Ross Perot and American hero - RIP

Back before 9-11-01 one of my teams partner teams was in Kuwait performing Bomb range air control (Close Air support training). There was a malfunction and a bomb landed near that team. A team friend had his leg blown off.

He was in the hospital recovering and got a call into his room directly from Ross Perot. Ross told him he was sorry to hear about his accident, but rest assured he would have the best Artificial Leg money could buy. True to his word he paid for several artificial legs, everyday leg, running leg, swimming leg, etc. These where cutting edge artificial limbs, not even seen yet. They resembled the limbs you see today over two decades later.

He was a man who truly cared about the nations warriors. God Rest his soul.

89-Year-Old Ross Perot Donated to President Trump’s Reelection Campaign Before His Death
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ore-his-death/
    Denton likes this.

The Good Cop

Ross was an American patriot who, as OSFG pointed out, did a lot behind the scenes for veterans and active duty troops.

I became a big fan of his during the 1980's when the Vietnam War POW/MIA issue was so hot and he threw his influence and money to our side.

What many Americans today may not realize is that to get the peace treaty signed between the US and North Vietnam, Kissinger and Nixon allegedly wrote off live captive Americans that the North was holding as bargaining chips. Beginning in the late 70's reports of live Americans began to be seen in the press. Investigations were launched of course, but it would not be advantageous for them to be true, so they were quietly dropped.
    As a member of the POW/MIA Committee for Vietnam Veterans of America in the 1980's I had access to some government files that the main stream media just weren't interested in. I still have a US Senate report on the matter, somewhere out in my barn.

Ross Perot was a huge backer of efforts to rescue the POW's left behind. He believed. And we believed in him.
    Rest In Peace, Mr. Perot.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

How about Ross Perot organizing a rescue of two of his employees who were taken hostage and imprisoned in Iran back in the late 70's right before Reagan was inaugarated? The Wings of Eagles I think was the name of the movie made about the event. Perot did not wait for the government to act, he formed his own team of commando's, all EDS employees who had military combat experience and went and got his two men out of Iran.

Another failure of Jimmy Carter and an example of leadership and American Exceptionalism by Ross Perot.

That is the kinda man I want to work for!

Rick Perry: Now that Ross Perot is gone, I can tell this story
    https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...can-tell-story
    Slippy, A Watchman and Denton like this.

Why H. Ross Perot didn't become President
    So why didn't Perot win the 1992 election, the way Trump won in 2016? It was because of his own character flaws. Unlike Trump, Perot was never serious about winning.

It seems that the reason for Perot’s candidacy came down to one thing: intense personal dislike for George H. W. Bush amounting to contempt and even hatred. The animosity between the two men went back to at least 1986, when Perot became convinced that there were living MIA's from the Vietnam War still being held in Southeast Asia, whom the US government had written off and abandoned. Perot became involved in the movement to locate them and force Vietnam to return them. He requested and received a meeting with then-Vice President Bush, who tried to dissuade Perot of this view and to talk him out of any further efforts to find MIA's. Bush did this by showing Perot intelligence files on the subject.

Instead, Perot became more inflamed.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...president.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links