In God we trust stays - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

In God we trust stays

This is a discussion on In God we trust stays within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by KUSA What is means is simple. 1. The founding fathers did not want the government to establish a religion that everyone has ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: In God we trust stays

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    What is means is simple.

1. The founding fathers did not want the government to establish a religion that everyone has to follow. Example would be what happens in Islamic countries.

2. They also didn’t want the government to interfere with people following their religion of choice.
    Astute observation.
    The founders bore full witness to what happens when a government establishes a national religion (ie. the church of England, with the king at its head) and wanted nothing to do with such activity.
    Establishing a religion is worlds away from simply acknowledging the existence of the divine.
    KUSA and Michael_Js like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Just for the record, I have no problem understanding you.
    Thought maybe I had mixed up my night time medicine with my wake up medicine or something....glad you get me...I make perfect sense to me, but I'mma warn you...I'm biassed towards myself.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Thought maybe I had mixed up my night time medicine with my wake up medicine or something....glad you get me...I make perfect sense to me, but I'mma warn you...I'm biassed towards myself.
    Paths we have walked make us who we are. Others may not understand where some are come from.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Well, Smitty, the joke is on the atheists.

In every motorcycle wreck, saloon dust up and police arrest, God has been with me. Oh, it is my understanding that He doesn't ask permission from the atheists, He just barges in and saves me.

In 1987 I broke my neck in five places. Numerous doctors told me I should be dead, or at least paralyzed. And considering the townie trash I've had to rub elbows with, I have never, ever, ever had to draw a switchblade or pistol to save my life, or the lives of others.

During the club days it was not "fashionable" to sew a Crucifix onto your colors because the CMA did that. I'm sorry I caved on that. God has saved me at every turn, and who knows how many times that was. Six times? Ten times? A dozen?

Don't be shy with your open belief in God, your Creator. If He protects bikers He will certainly save you both here and in the next life...
    Last edited by The Tourist; 06-12-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links