Your opinion please
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Your opinion please

This is a discussion on Your opinion please within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; I just had an encounter while going into a convenience store to grab a drink and I want your opinion on it. As I'm walking ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Your opinion please

Super Moderator

Your opinion please

I just had an encounter while going into a convenience store to grab a drink and I want your opinion on it.

As I'm walking to the door an elderly black man (early 70's I'd guess) is heading in too. He reaches the door a little before me so I skip a beat so he can enter first. He pulls the door open and holds it for me to walk in and says "I saw you coming". I appreciate the gesture so I say "thank you sir" and head into the store. As I'm going in he says "ohhh, you deserve it".

End of our encounter. It seemed like an odd thing for him to say. What do y'all think about it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RedLion and Denton like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

??? - sounds & looks OK to me >>>> a whole lot better than the black crap I run into ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

You weren't wearing a uniform of some type, were you?
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    You weren't wearing a uniform of some type, were you?
    Nope. Polo shirt.

First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

This is were you add that you were wearing a maga hat and.....
    Sasquatch likes this.

A bit odd, for sure, but what is to be gained by being passive aggressive with somebody at a convenience store? Might have just been one of those times where a person says something without fully thinking the line through, blurts it out, and questions themselves the rest of the day.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    A bit odd, for sure, but what is to be gained by being passive aggressive with somebody at a convenience store? Might have just been one of those times where a person says something without fully thinking the line through, blurts it out, and questions themselves the rest of the day.
    I’m with you.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I sometimes engage the mouth before the brain is fully in gear. So frequently, stupid stuff comes out. I don’t mean any offense , it’s just that the thoughts are not fully formed before the words come. You said the gentleman was older. I find the older I get, the more frequent these things occur.
    stevekozak and Maine-Marine like this.

You were there Sasquatch. Judge the tone and body language. He may have just been being nice.
    Ragnarök and stevekozak like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I just had an encounter while going into a convenience store to grab a drink and I want your opinion on it.

As I'm walking to the door an elderly black man (early 70's I'd guess) is heading in too. He reaches the door a little before me so I skip a beat so he can enter first. He pulls the door open and holds it for me to walk in and says "I saw you coming". I appreciate the gesture so I say "thank you sir" and head into the store. As I'm going in he says "ohhh, you deserve it".

End of our encounter. It seemed like an odd thing for him to say. What do y'all think about it?

Maybe he assumes you are a working man and pay taxes and he is thanking you for supporting him?
    Or maybe he sensed that you are an example of white privilege?
    Or he was just being kind?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links