Your opinion please - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Your opinion please

This is a discussion on Your opinion please within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Sasquatch I think it was his tone that threw me off. It was kind of like when someone is upset and says ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Your opinion please

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I think it was his tone that threw me off. It was kind of like when someone is upset and says "By all means your majesty". I didn't know this guy from a hole in the wall. Just struck me odd.
    I would give him the benefit of the doubt if it were myself. Maybe he’s had a rough life, and had a moment of bitterness? There are lots of possibilities.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

My dad was a stickler for manners. We used to go to the old Capitol Court in Milwaukee, a place where all the department stores had "double doors." It was always my 'job' to get ahead of the adults (my parents or a stranger) and get the doors opened. If I didn't get to be johnny-on-the-spot, I heard about it. To this day I open doors, and oddly, our favorite place in the mall has the same 'double doors.'
    bigwheel likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Well being super polite I would have grabbed the door and insist the old black guy go first. But all old Boy Scouts do that kinda stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I just had a thought. What if he was giving you a “micro-aggression”? Isn’t that what the libtards call it?

LOL!,Sas,if I saw big hairy MF'er like you I would hold the door for you also.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Quote Originally Posted by MI.oldguy View Post
    LOL!,Sas,if I saw big hairy MF'er like you I would hold the door for you also.
    I see that you're a Yooper. I met a guy from the U.P. once.

I was working on my book and I needed a quiet place to work. One of the guys from my church offered his cabin in the U.P. I was just about ready to sit down and work, when there was a knock on the door. Yikes, hundreds of acres of virgin timber, and I get a visitor! I opened the door, and thought there must have been a second door--it was just a giant of a man. His first question was, "Well, you're not Fred Miller!" I told him, no, just a member of his church.

The big guy said added, "If you're a member of the church, you probably wouldn't want to come to my party. Might be some drinkin.'..."
    I responded that I hung out in taverns through most of my biking days.
    He went on, "Well, with the drinkin' there will probably be some dancin'..."
    I countered that I was not averse to dancing like most of the people in the church.
    He reluctantly added, "Okay, but where's there's drinkin' and dancin' there will probably be some sex..."
    Here I stopped him, and wondered aloud, "How many people will be at this shin-dig?"
    He proudly smiled, "Oh, just you and me..."
    Sasquatch and MI.oldguy like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Must of been near Marquette!.where most of the "different yoopers" are.unfortunately we live there too.seen lots of change here.
    The Tourist likes this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links