The border fiasco
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The border fiasco

This is a discussion on The border fiasco within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; FOX this morning is showing film of extreme overcrowding at our border holding facilities. Our people down there are at risk and totally undermanned to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The border fiasco

The border fiasco

FOX this morning is showing film of extreme overcrowding at our border holding facilities. Our people down there are at risk and totally undermanned to handle the situation. So why the hell doesn’t Trump just declare martial law and suspend normal ‘due process’? Send in troops and just push the illegals back across the border into Mexico. PROBLEM SOLVED!
    Camel923 likes this.

I thought that idea was on the table already (?)

I'm all for it. And as President, he does have the authority.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Jem

"...Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

I think the first step is to establish that the flood of illegal immigrants is an "invasion". It certainly smells, looks, walks and talks like an invasion, but has not been formally established as such. One aspect of an "invasion" is establishing an intent to overthrow or replace the current method of governance. So unless the illegals actively attack government, military and LE targets, replacing them with their own, proving "invasion status" might be a bit difficult.

On the outside, I am really, REALLY wary of ANY declaration of Martial Law. Martial Law and "Public Safety" are cuss words as far as I am concerned. When they come for your guns and food, it will be under the umbrella of "Public Safety".

I think a "Declaration of War" might be a more feasible course of action. Exert some pressure on the Mexicans to do something from their side of the not-wall/border.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    FOX this morning is showing film of extreme overcrowding at our border holding facilities. Our people down there are at risk and totally undermanned to handle the situation. So why the hell doesn’t Trump just declare martial law and suspend normal ‘due process’? Send in troops and just push the illegals back across the border into Mexico. PROBLEM SOLVED!
    We sent troops into Mexico a hundred years ago for a lot less.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I may be wrong, . . . but I'm thinking he is kind of laying back, . . . he is riding high in the polls, . . . doesn't want to rock the boat severely right now.

But I agree, . . . cannot go on the way it is.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    I may be wrong, . . . but I'm thinking he is kind of laying back, . . . he is riding high in the polls
    Possibly. But most Trump supporters backed him for his solid stance on the border issue. As for the libtards, I think they'd hate him if he gave them free chocolate Santa Clauses and condoms...
    dwight55 likes this.

Super Moderator

I think after 2020 you'll see a lot of action from Trump, he's a wheeler dealer, he knows when to take action, and how to play the game.

Rancher

The real border fiasco is--
    the libs openly want open borders
    the rinos also want the same, they are just not open about it.
    The Right had the President, the Senate, and the House for 2 years-- why didn't they fix the border issue??
    And-- now lots of the rinos are blaming the libs --- bullspit!!
    Slippy likes this.

The liberals want a lot more over crowding. So they can again go to court and force us to just let everyone go. No stopping or holding anyone. Kind of like when they charge the gate at a punk or rap concert just let them in.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Slip, the libtards also want the illegals here to vote.

Nothing like a goat farmer from Chiapas who doesn't speak a syllable of English and got here last Tuesday to cast a vote on American politics and taxes. In fact, I think they are so clueless that when the libs give them a Yankees t-shirt and bottle of Coca-Cola they will pull the handle in any voting booth so named.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links