Kavanaugh is right on this
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Kavanaugh is right on this within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; "Kavanaugh sides with liberal justices against Apple, deals blow to tech giant in App Store challenge" Apple has for years hidden behind a few words ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Kavanaugh is right on this

"Kavanaugh sides with liberal justices against Apple, deals blow to tech giant in App Store challenge"

Apple has for years hidden behind a few words in law to mask what they were up to . raking in billions and never having to answer for it.

Apple yes you are the seller .

"“It is undisputed that the iPhone owners bought the apps directly from Apple,” Kavanaugh wrote. He also addressed Apple’s claim that they do not set app prices by pointing out that the company’s practice of charging app developers $99 per year plus 30 percent of sales indeed affects pricing."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kav...tore-challenge
    RedLion, stowlin and Inor like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Just my hyperbole as I’m not a libertarian fan but my view this means a company will not be free to do what it wants with its technology/ platform. Some will be ok with that saying Facebook, google etc will not be allowed to dictate terms on its platforms either and maybe that needs to be but it simply means the US Govt like Chinas govt will decide.

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    Just my hyperbole as I’m not a libertarian fan but my view this means a company will not be free to do what it wants with its technology/ platform. Some will be ok with that saying Facebook, google etc will not be allowed to dictate terms on its platforms either and maybe that needs to be but it simply means the US Govt like Chinas govt will decide.
    Apple sets up Apple store, tells the app makers what they can and can't do. Demands huge fees and payments for selling it only in their store. Apple is the seller period. About time Apple has to play by the rules. Apple needs to be held accountable for what they sell.
    In away like what is and is not a contractor. Apple was playing fast and loose with the law.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Apple is just plain evil.

If a developer creates an app for the iPhone or iPad, their only option is to sell it is through the Apple Store. They do not have the option to sell it through their own private website as the iOS operating system does not allow folks to install from any other source. Apple claims this is a "security feature" since the same developer must turn over the code for their app to Apple to have it "audited" before it can be listed on the Apple Store. That means Apple gets to go through whatever code the app developer created and learn from it before the developer is even allowed to make a dime. Do you honestly believe Apple is paying developers when they develop some new innovation for an app and Apple decides to include it in a future release of iOS?

Apple makes Google and Facebook look like choirboys.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

I will get beat up for this but

Apple has a right to build their product and OS however they want. If they want to lock down their os so people have to sell apps via their apple store... the CONSUMER will determine if they are ok with that.

so far the consumer is voting YES on apple

I do not care for apple, but I am unwilling to say they should be forced to open their OS - after all it is their product and the consumer will stop buying it if they do not like it or how it is packaged

$99 a year (or in other words $8.25 per month to be on their app store) and 30% of profit.... if you are selling 100,000 apps per year @ $3.99 per app it means you make $399,000-$99= $398,901 - $119.670.0 =
    $279,230.70

30% may seem high but the great thing is you only pay if you are making money... another way to look at it is at $8.25 a month and a cut of sale price.. anybody..even these 4 young guys could afford it and they are now rich

https://www.simplilearn.com/young-ap...naires-article
    Ragnarök and stowlin like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post

If a developer creates an app for the iPhone or iPad, their only option is to sell it is through the Apple Store. They do not have the option to sell it through their own private website as the iOS operating system does not allow folks to install from any other source.
    What’s wrong with that? If you don’t like it then don’t buy an Apple.

The developers don’t have to market their apps to Apple owners. They can develop their own device if they want to.

I pay a premium price for Apple products so I don’t have to bother with junk apps and security issues that I had when I owned Android crap.
    Ragnarök and stowlin like this.

Apple released a statement Monday afternoon saying they are "confident we will prevail when the facts are presented," adding that the App Store "is not a monopoly by any metric."
    Apple deserved to lose the case, just for using the word "metric". Who is their mouthpiece? Plus they have become a pack of loathsome thieves, IMHO.
    A DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE INHABITANTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH, OR STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA:: [Pennsylvaia was a very different place then, just look at Philly today, compared to 1776 AD.]
    [And it is regrettable that their original confrontational ways, about how government should work, has been lost.]

VI. That those who are employed in the legislative and executive business of the State, may be restrained from oppression, the people have a right, at such periods as they may think proper, to reduce their public officers to a private station, and supply the vacancies by certain and regular elections.
    [Hidden Content

Apple has a lot of rights to it product and how they manage it. They do not have a right to setup a store then claim they are not the seller. Busted now pay Apple pay until you bleed. Time to play the game the way everyone else has to.

Super Moderator

"Ugh, their stores are the third circle of hell. I cannot stand the bitten one", she writes from her MacBook Air.
    Inor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post

If a developer creates an app for the iPhone or iPad, their only option is to sell it is through the Apple Store. They do not have the option to sell it through their own private website as the iOS operating system does not allow folks to install from any other source. Apple claims this is a "security feature" since the same developer must turn over the code for their app to Apple to have it "audited" before it can be listed on the Apple Store. That means Apple gets to go through whatever code the app developer created and learn from it before the developer is even allowed to make a dime. Do you honestly believe Apple is paying developers when they develop some new innovation for an app and Apple decides to include it in a future release of iOS?

Apple makes Google and Facebook look like choirboys.
    You are saying capitalism is evil. I don’t think you realized that when you wrote this but that is what is written.
    KUSA and stowlin like this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links