Kavanaugh is right on this - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kavanaugh is right on this

This is a discussion on Kavanaugh is right on this within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; If you create an app for apple you by definition have used apples services and platform and are liable to their fine print....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Kavanaugh is right on this

If you create an app for apple you by definition have used apples services and platform and are liable to their fine print.
    Maine-Marine and KUSA like this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    You are saying capitalism is evil. I don’t think you realized that when you wrote this but that is what is written.
    If being forced to market your software through only one marketplace and being FORCED to divulge YOUR intellectual property is your view of capitalism, you might want to ask your schools for a refund because you have no idea what capitalism is about.

Disclaimer: I write this post on a Macbook Pro, but it will be the last Apple product I will ever own. There is just too much it cannot do.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    If being forced to market your software through only one marketplace and being FORCED to divulge YOUR intellectual property is your view of capitalism, you might want to ask your schools for a refund because you have no idea what capitalism is about.

Disclaimer: I write this post on a Macbook Pro, but it will be the last Apple product I will ever own. There is just too much it cannot do.
    You are not being forced. I think you are confused.
    KUSA and Maine-Marine like this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    If being forced to market your software through only one marketplace.....
    You are so confused. There are multiple marketplaces. Apple doesn’t have a monopoly on smartphones or computers. You have many choices to turn to.

If anyone doesn’t like Apple, they can simply vote with their wallet and buy something else.

The problem is a simple one Apple controls every thing about the App. It can only be sold through their store all on their term but they then claim the right to say they are not the seller. They are the seller regardless of who made the app .
    Inor likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Apple is indeed the seller. However, they are not monopolizing a market on the apps because the apps are available on other platforms. People choose to buy the Apple platform instead of numerous others that are available.

On a side note, it puzzles me as to why someone would go to all the trouble of creating a lawsuit just to lower the price of an app that only costs a few dollars. If someone is that broke, they should get an Obama phone instead of an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Apple is indeed the seller. However, they are not monopolizing a market on the apps because the apps are available on other platforms. People choose to buy the Apple platform instead of numerous others that are available.

On a side note, it puzzles me as to why someone would go to all the trouble of creating a lawsuit just to lower the price of an app that only costs a few dollars. If someone is that broke, they should get an Obama phone instead of an iPhone.
    This case is about them being the seller. They have for years gotten away with saying they were not. Pretty much like the contractor scam many ran for years labeling workers as contractors . Apple is busted. And it is about time.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    This case is about them being the seller. They have for years gotten away with saying they were not. Pretty much like the contractor scam many ran for years labeling workers as contractors . Apple is busted. And it is about time.
    So who will benefit from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The problem is a simple one Apple controls every thing about the App. It can only be sold through their store all on their term but they then claim the right to say they are not the seller. They are the seller regardless of who made the app .
    Not just that, but they demand that developers allow Apple to review the source code for the app. In other words, they demand access to the developer's intellectual property to be able to run the app on ANY Apple device, even if the developer only wants to run it on his own device. Once Apple has seen the source code, they can duplicate it in their own products without compensation to the original developer. Microsoft was notorious for doing that back in the late 90's. They got burned in the courts several times and seem to have stopped the practice. Apple, not so much.

Regardless of whether we all agree or disagree, the Supreme Court seems to have put a shot across the bow of Apple and I'm damn happy about it. It will be interesting to see how little Timmy Cook reacts to it. (Maybe I should call him "Tammy"? - One never knows these days and Timmy/Tammy is known to be light in the loafers.)
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    If you create an app for apple you by definition have used apples services and platform and are liable to their fine print.
    That is not accurate. The Darwin operating system is based on the open source BSD UNIX. Most of the compilers and development tools that come with it are the standard BSD compilers and still retain the GNU Public License. It is common to develop applications for an Apple OS without ever touching any Apple developed code. Apple is plenty happy to let you develop anything you want, using any tool you want. Their chokepoint is the distribution of your application, even if you just want to distribute it to only your own device. To develop an application on your MacBook and run it in production on only your own iPad or iPhone, you must provide Apple with the source code for your application for review. That is wrong.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links