Homeless Seattle Versus Rhode Island
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Homeless Seattle Versus Rhode Island within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; I watched this show a week or so ago... It shows what is happening to seattle with their failure to take care of the drug/homeless ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Homeless Seattle Versus Rhode Island

I watched this show a week or so ago... It shows what is happening to seattle with their failure to take care of the drug/homeless problem and how the politician have forced the police to stop doing their job and how the city has continued to put people back on the street with no help

towards the end of the program it talks about how RI arrests drugs user and then treats them in prison and helps them after prison...

big difference in the outcome..

one stat that hit me... RI has a 93 % follow up where the released convict continues to get treatment

and they reduced the post release drug overdose rate by over 65% (when convicts 1st get out they think they can use the same amount as before and it kills them)

+++ Rhode Island does not have human crap on the street
    RedLion, Annie and Michael_Js like this.
    Be a Berean

But Seattle City hall has all these folks who have the best of intentions......isn't that worth something?
    Smitty901 and RedLion like this.

I watched that a while back, sickening to think that that's my hometown, I moved out but live next door. I drive thru a lot of that crap regularly skirting my way around traffic, I hate having to go downtown to the building dept. and walking right thru it, trying not to trip over peoples tents and stuff on the sidewalk or step in their crap in the parking lots.

The Seattle city council should all be in prison for negligence and putting public safety at risk.
    Maine-Marine and Denton like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

For the life of me I don't understand why these politicians think their good intentions out weigh in your face facts, or why the people continue to vote for the politicians and policies they can clearly see don't work.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    For the life of me I don't understand why these politicians think their good intentions out weigh in your face facts.
    There's a faction of our government that actually feels like the homeless and unemployed provide them with a permanent job in Congress. They don't want these people to succeed, just "need" the government for everything.

If you pay your way in this version of America, these self-same representatives feel you owe everyone, and to give back evermore amounts of tax money, because "you have so much."
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    But Seattle City hall has all these folks who have the best of intentions......isn't that worth something?
    Homeless Seattle Versus Rhode Island-intentions-hell-600x280.jpg
    Denton, StratMaster and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

Yeah, I watched that a few weeks ago. Seattle's misguided compassion is ruining that city. RI seems to be onto something. Ever been up in the Space Needle? That was fun.
    Denton and StratMaster like this.

Here's the thing that they all fail to understand..... one facet of the people will revolt against the government for not giving them everything...and the other will revolt when they try to....

that leaves a very small minority with bigger hearts than wallets or actual understanding that people need a hand up...or a kick start...not a hand out.

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    For the life of me I don't understand why these politicians think their good intentions out weigh in your face facts, or why the people continue to vote for the politicians and policies they can clearly see don't work.
    I think it's because there are now enough non producers that the concern is not if it will work or not... just if it gets them what they want NOW. When you are able to mobilize millions of welfare, housing, food stamp, "homeless" recipients to VOTE, trouble is close behind.
    Slippy and Denton like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Let me school y'all on the Homeless Epidemic in America. (My hypothesis removes the Mentally Ill and focuses on the reasons that Non Mentally Ill are Homeless)

First off; Government is HUGELY responsible for the Homeless Epidemic:

Regulations, High Taxes, Allowance of Illegal Immigration, Encouragement of certain Legal Immigration, Trade Policies (NAFTA which killed lots of Manufacturing Jobs etc), Welfare (The So Called Government's War on Poverty which created MORE Poverty) and The War on Drugs, etc. These Policies created a perfect environment for Non-Mentally Ill Homelessness.

And that's the Fact, Jack.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links