Is this how kids treat our military vets? - Page 9
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is this how kids treat our military vets?

This is a discussion on Is this how kids treat our military vets? within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy I actually feel very bad for anyone who is caught in the horrible eddy called welfare. I cannot empathize or understand ...

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: Is this how kids treat our military vets?

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I actually feel very bad for anyone who is caught in the horrible eddy called welfare. I cannot empathize or understand how people allow it happen. I guess I remember some of the stories my parents and grandparents told about the hardships that they endured, the trials of life before government assistance and how they overcame these obstacles and how it inspired them to work harder and harder.

I remember being a first time homeowner many years ago and some of the best feelings of accomplishments that I had was working to maintain and make improvements to my home. Each home and property that I bought, I was able to elevate the feeling of accomplishment and self pride. After buying the land that would become Slippy Lodge, and working the land, the feeling is elevated tenfold after I acheive something thru hard work.

I pity those who do not know that feeling.
    A good portion of those that are welfare dependent are also drug and alcohol abusers as Denton alluded to. It is a marriage "made in heaven" if you are a junkie. Get to use all you want, the govt provides for you and you can also hit the ER or detox if you OD or otherwise need some medical assistance. No incentive for these types of folks to change. Unfortunately there are a number of veterans that I work with that fit into this category.
    NewRiverGeorge and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    The incident in question is the product of #1 Kids that should have had more adult supervision and quiet frankly protection #2 Agitators who saw an opportunity and took advantage of it #3 Media that's nothing more than the same yellow journalists of days past, "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." Not only did they get caught in a lie but they refuse to acknowledge the reporting was wrong or make any attempted to correct it. National news is becoming, no strike that, is nothing more than day time talk shows. You pick the outlet that most produces content that's closest to your own ideals. Unless there is a major event I don't watch anything anymore other than my local news stations.

The issue of Native Americans, The Bureau of Indian Affairs, Reservations, and federal funding is a tricky one. Unlike other battles or humanitarian obligations we've gotten ourselves entangled in this one is our history and big parts of it weren't exactly our finest hour. Have things changed and are we a better people than we where? Yes they have and yes we are. Have we tried to make amends for mistakes past? I think so. Have we done enough to justify totally cutting off support to the reservations? I don't know. The Indian Removal Act and Trail of Tears was pretty messed up. It was also messed up how reservations where relocated when gold was discovered. We basically moved the tribes on to the most inhospitable land with the fewest natural resources promising that the government would take care of the population. I think there is some sort of obligation there.
    Did you watch to full real video. He child did nothing , not one thing wrong . The hero activist was trying his best to bait the Child. And failed.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Did you watch to full real video. He child did nothing , not one thing wrong . The hero activist was trying his best to bait the Child. And failed.
    Very true. This was a planned hit job by the lefties not only to disrupt the March for Life, but also to set the anti-Christian/Catholic narrative leading up to RBG leaving the SCOTUS and Amy Coney Barrett being nominated.
    Smitty901 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Obviously @RJAMES ’s mother did not worship at the alter of abortion as most Christian haters.
    I heard there was a new video out that showed the whole thing and that the Native Vet was the one being a dick. I'm sorry but that guy would of got one warning to get his drum out of my face. After the warning he would of got punched out of my personal space and if he came back then the force would be upped.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    A good portion of those that are welfare dependent are also drug and alcohol abusers as Denton alluded to. It is a marriage "made in heaven" if you are a junkie. Get to use all you want, the govt provides for you and you can also hit the ER or detox if you OD or otherwise need some medical assistance. No incentive for these types of folks to change. Unfortunately there are a number of veterans that I work with that fit into this category.
    We see the same repeat offenders, their buddies drop them on our stoop and run. We Narcan them and they wake up mad as heck because we reversed their High. They then leave AMA and we see them in a couple of days, second verse same as the first.
    Smitty901, Denton and RedLion like this.
    1 Peter 2:24 KJV
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And @RJAMES is still absent..Maybe out hunting wheatberries?
    Denton and dwight55 like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    And @RJAMES is still absent..Maybe out hunting wheatberries?
    Him and Will2
    Deebo likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I'm not talking about the kid that was the center focus but rather the group as a whole and that includes all of the schools that where there. I've personally been around some of the "school spirit chants" of another high school mentioned in some of the reporting and if they did the same thing in DC as they did here locally then I can see why everybody was all riled up. In any case we're talking about 16-18 year old kids that where being antagonized by several different groups, allowing them to respond at all was a pretty bad decision which is what makes me wonder where were the adults at.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by NewRiverGeorge View Post
    We see the same repeat offenders, their buddies drop them on our stoop and run. We Narcan them and they wake up mad as heck because we reversed their High. They then leave AMA and we see them in a couple of days, second verse same as the first.
    They ought to get one NARCAN. After that, let nature sort it out.
    Deebo and NewRiverGeorge like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    I'm not talking about the kid that was the center focus but rather the group as a whole and that includes all of the schools that where there. I've personally been around some of the "school spirit chants" of another high school mentioned in some of the reporting and if they did the same thing in DC as they did here locally then I can see why everybody was all riled up. In any case we're talking about 16-18 year old kids that where being antagonized by several different groups, allowing them to respond at all was a pretty bad decision which is what makes me wonder where were the adults at.
    They did nothing wrong. The Children were attacked by the activist there to cause trouble . The Children were waiting for a bus. Now it seems those hats were passed out by the poor little helpless Indian and his crowd. How do you spell set up .
    Been one of my children or grandchildern that fake Indian would not be worrying about much anymore. He would have eat that drum.
    NewRiverGeorge likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links